“Who Knew!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Who Knew!!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

On a visit with friends in Clermont, FL this weekend, they suggested we have dinner at Red Wing. They told us to be prepared as the outside totally belies the food on the inside and they were right!

Had we not gone there with friends who had already been there, we would have driven right by and never stopped the outside is so uninspiring!

Well, the menu is somewhat eclectic from Elk to Tilapia but the prices are quite reasonable including a great Early Bird menu with six selections that were all ten bucks! Our server, Crystal, provided professional service throughout our meal.

My wife had Tilapia, while I and our host had a queen size prime rib and his wife had the tenderloin tips from the early bird menu. We also had a nice bottle of wine for $25.

Meals included pretzel rolls, garden salad and two sides. I had fresh veggies and a salted baked potato. Everything was great. The prime rib was cooked properly and had great flavor and needed no horseradish (but I dipped a bit anyway). The serving of veggies was huge and included broccoli, squash and carrots.

For dessert, the four of us shared a fresh peach cobbler and blueberry cobbler. Both were very good!

Our check for the four of us, including the wine and desserts was $110 before tip. A good value for wine, prime rib and dessert. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Clermont!

Orlando, Florida
“hard to find but worth looking for”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hard to find but worth looking for

The Red Wing Restaurant is not the kind place you stop for driving by. It does not look like much. It is located along side a rural road in Groveland, a small rural Florida town. Once inside, seated and selecting from and extensive menu it is a different story

We went their with our dinner group of 10 couples and I expected the service to be slow due a large party that orders from the menu but was surprised at the service and the quality of the food. The Red Wing is a mix of rural and urban customers.

The Red wing is noted for its fowl, quail, duck and also venison. For an appetizer try the fried dill pickles or green tomatoes, both delicious. You can also get crispy fried gator tail. My wife ordered the prime rib queen size, the king size would have been way to large a portion. I opted for the chicken fried steak which I love and this was hands down the best I have ever eaten. The steaks are aged black Angus and hand cut daily.

There is more, much more and the chef is a terrific cook.

• Visited January 2014
“My new favorite restaurant...”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I love off the beaten path restaurants and my family and I have tried plenty but none compare to this place. The atmosphere is very calm. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The menu is beyond amazing and the food even better. I enjoyed the fried quail and the fried alligator and it was the best I have ever had. The kids enjoyed the food and the scenery inside the restaurant as well. Full of mounted wildlife. A great country feel and amazing country eating. We will be returning as often as we can make it.

Southampton, Canada
“Wow! This restaurant is really good.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Who was expecting fine food in Groveland, particularly at such excellent prices. This was my second visit to and I will be back. The weather has been cool here so a nice hot soup was called for today. Excellent.

1 Thank Tim G
Clermont, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We often visit Redwings whenever we visit from the UK. We have lost count on the number of times we have consistently received an excellent meal. Never disappointed and never judge a book by it's cover!

• Visited December 2013