“One of the Best Kept Secrets in Central Florida Dining”

Red Wing Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Groveland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This restaurant is one of THE best places to eat in Central Florida. Everything on the menu is delicious. You can't miss. I recommend the Elk Chops or the Black and Blue Filet if you want red meat. If you are looking for lighter fare try the Fried Quail. Each entree comes with the best mixed green salad I have ever had. Everything in it is fresh and I suspect comes from the restaurant's garden out back. Do not, I repeat DO NOT miss out on the cobbler. This dessert is like crack. It is sweet, warm, and delicious. Go for the peach or blueberry.Oh and breakfasts here are excellent as well....go for the Fried Green Tomato Benedict. I recommend this place to all who want to eat real food, made from whole ingredients, not processed food service junk.

1  Thank ChipF

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went to Red Wing for dinner January 15, 2013 with our neighbors after he had seen an article in FOOD Magazine while waiting in a doctors office. My wife had the catfish ($9.99) and liked it alot while I had the fried quail ($9.99) that was really excellent. My neighbors wife had the Talapia ($9.99) that she enjoyed immensely and he had the Green Swamp Medley ($15.99) that consisted of Gator tail, catfish and frog legs. The portions were adequate but not particularly generous and the second order of pretzel bread was an extra charge of 69 cents. The service was good and the decor was very pleasing. Overall we all enjoyed our meals and felt that we would return for another dinner.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Living in Groveland used to mean driving to Orlando or Tampa for a fabulous filet. Times have changed, and not because of Clermont's slew of chain restaurants. Next time steak is on your mind, head straight here for the black and blue filet. Deliciously seared, perfectly seasoned and dressed. And portions are hearty. Loaded tates, steamed veggies, all generously doled out. Start with the calamari with hot cherry peppers... And the fried green tomatoes... And the fried cheese... For the adventurous diner, I have seen elk, boar, gator, etc. grace the menu. End with one of several fantastic desserts, but our fav is cobbler. Any kind. It's the BEST you will ever eat. Service is fabulous and quirky, quite like the place itself. Redwing will not disappoint. Oh I almost forgot! Don't miss breakfast on Saturdays (maybe Sunday too?). Crab cake Benedict, anyone? How bout spicy, cheesy, shrimp-n-grits covered with fried hot cherry peppers? Oh yeah, this place rocks.

2  Thank heatherdj22
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Ate here last week for the first time. Slightly out of the way for us but well worth the trip. Food excellent and reasonably priced. Varied and unusual menu. Something different to the usual chain menus. Service quick and friendly. We will return.

2  Thank bettyian
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Red Wing is known to area families as a place to eat local faire, gator bites, fried green tomatoes, local meat and fowl. You can even have your fresh catch prepared for you.
The dining room is small, quaint with a fireplace that gives the room a great ambiance, especially on a cold night.
The food is fresh and well prepared, great flavor, good cuts of meat. The staff is very friendly and more than willing to make your experience memorable.