“New Beds, New TVs and Very Cozy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Green Cove Springs
Green Cove Springs Inn
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
“New Beds, New TVs and Very Cozy”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went to stay overnight at this hotel. I loved the electric shades that really made the room nice and private. That was an unexpected touch. The TV was a nice new flat screen and they had a full cable line up including HBO. The towels for the bath are nice and thick and the room was very cozy and small but hey, I am sleeping! And did I mention the room was spotlessly clean.......We will stay there again when our plans include an overnight stay in Green Cove Springs.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back face a patio with grills and such. This may be a little noisy for sensitive f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Branford, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here on our motorcycle trip for 3 days over my 78th birthday weekend enroute to the Ride Into History Antique Motorcycle show at the Golf World Resort. We got the only room available on Thursday nite, so it was small but cozy for two. Very Clean, all recently remodeled and everything worked: Fridge, TV, A/C, Coffee Pot, except one wall plug. NBD The maid service did an exceptional job before we checked in too. The staff was very helpful and always in the office or outside. We asked for an additional chair, hangars & bed pillow and got them immediately from the very helpful manager. The free Wi-Fi worked flawlessly and the bathroom was immaculate. The room was clean with no bugs and no lingering obnoxious smells since all the rooms are non-smoking so stinky folks probably won't stay here. I suspect the whole motel has recently been totally remodeled. We ate an evening snack on the patio out back which also offered a BBQ cooker and electric bug-zapper & the Snack machine room is always locked with access by your room card. Even though we were out front, it was very quiet all night. All the other residents were polite and quiet so sleep was not interrupted. Parking was in front of the room, which gives a good secure feeling to touring motorcyclists like us. We will definitely stay here the next time our travels take us from the nature coast to the Atlantic. We are 35 year residents of FL and we have stayed at worse national chains that charge more $$, so this was a refreshing experience and we were happy to help the local small business economy, the backbone of our country. Can't quite understand the negative reviews, but some folks may have stayed here before the remodeling and ownership change. We will definitely tell our friends about this jewell.

Room Tip: Reserve early, because they fill up quickly being close to the beach and St Johns River, plus great...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charly087
Jupiter, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stay at this property a few times a month, and have been for a couple of years. This property is under totally new management. The rooms have been updated and cleaned right down to the beds and refrigerators. The problem with the hot water was fixed with a new hot water system the rooms also have coffee in each room. The new Manager Heather is very friendly and very accommodating. I stay there it is close to my clients office I like to be able to work from my room the internet is very fast. Even though this is an extend a stay place they make my bed every day and make sure I have clean towels. I travel a lot and this place really has made some major changes for the better.

Room Tip: I like # 9 a little bigger and set up nice for business traveler.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Andrew M
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2012

After a recent stay for resident training(National Training Inc. is the same owner)My room smelled like nasty feet,Mold smell in my chest of drawers,Dust and dirt on the bas boards,Dirty ac filter.And the cleaning staff use such profanity.Please do yourself a favor and Stay anyplace else!!

Room Tip: If you come for training Stay at the Suburban Lodge in Orange Park.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank D M

Travelers are raving about these Green Cove Springs hotels

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I called several times to make a reservation and No answer or call back after several attempts I got threw.When I arrived the outside was nice,The cleaning crew needs to clean their mouths around guests.The room had a mold?Mildew?Dirty smell!!! The pillows were dirty,The sheets had stains on them,and BED BUGS!!!!!After My husband and I saw Roaches in the Bathroom I asked for another room and was told none were avail.
My advice to all is find another place,Someplace Cleaner and bug free.

And they can't even get their Address right????

Room Tip: Sleep Inn in Orange Park is a cleaner and Quieter choice
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Steve J
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2012

This place was nasty, very dirty, floor would make your white socks black. Lady at the front desk was never around I tried to check in twice and she didnt answer. I dont know why people would stay here. Seems like the owner of this dump doesnt care about anything but his money. He needs to invest money in this place. I was here a day and had a cold due to the durt in this place. I would never tell someone to come here because I would be beyond embarrassed. The pictures of this place are nice they may have been taken back 6 years ago but as of today this is not what it looks like. There are huge roches in this place and it is very bad. The appliances are rusty and dont work that well. If you like to live dirty then this is the place for you but for the people who want to get their money worth and have a healthy time DONT STAY HERE you'll get colds, runny nose, sneezing, you name it. Plus the pictures are moldy and the bathroom fans are moldy and dirty. I would not lie I will be posting pics of what this place really looks like.. The hotel is located in an area that traffic is high there is noisy if you stay in the front in the back its not that bad but you can still hear it. There is no fitness center this dump doesnt offer anything. AC and heat has a nasty smell and makes a lot of noise, the tv makes a loud high pitch sound that hurts the ears. the furniture is old and dilapidated. The ceiling looks like there is water damage and like a poor job fixing it. THE OWNER NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ASAP stop stacking the money fix the dump get new staff because the male and female that are here all the time are a bit lazy. By the way the beds will blow your back out and they are old. The phone doesnt work fire alarm has paint over it and it says DO NOT PAINT OVER IT the ceiling walls are cracked it looks like the whole thing could fall on me. I wish I worked for the department of hospitality/ health because this place would be shut down. They need the fire inspector to come through as well. Everyone that stayed in the 4 rooms next to me told me that this place was nasty the construction people told me that they been to worse places and it is by far better then this place. this place has a nasty smell. On one of the reviews it says that this place has power window shades and new light fixures kinda up scale. This is a lie maybe an enployee wrote this or maybe a selected room. I have seen four rooms in the front and they all looked like my room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Just being me n
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Since I'm a single guy traveling solo, I found this place to have just what I need. I travel a lot in Florida and I've been to several motels. Most franchises I've been to try to spread themselves way too thin with too many unnecessary amenities. The basics tend to be neglected. All a weary traveler needs basically is a nice clean pleasant place to crash for a day or so. This motel takes good care of a traveler's basic needs for a great price. There may not be a pool but how many of us really take advantage of the pool anyway? There may not be a hair dryer, ironing board or coffee maker but so what? This place was clean from top to bottom and remodeled for a welcoming upgraded look. There wasn't that lived-in smell of sweat and feet you find in most franchises in the same price range. There were no mystery stains or grubby hand prints on the doorways. This little mom n' pop motel had some very nice personal touches like ceramic tile,power window shades and new fixtures and artwork. It felt kinda upscale in its own way. A very clean and comfortable place to get some rest. That's all most travelers need. I'll definitely recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed September 2011
#9 of 12 in Orange Park
River Park Inn
River Park Inn
#1 of 2 in Green Cove Springs

Been to Green Cove Springs Inn? Share your experiences!