“Great Weekend”
Review of River Park Inn

River Park Inn
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friends and I met at the River Park Inn for our 29th Memorial day reunion, and we had a great time! The proprieter, Pat, provided just the right amounts of contact and service to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The lovely old house looked just like a B & B should with lace curtains and antique furniture. It had wonderful porches to swing or rock (literally), and a great view of the River Park and the St. John's River. There is a spring-fed pool (along with a view of the spring) across the street, and there is a long fishing pier to stroll on down at the river. We saw at least three manatees swim under the pier while we watched the sun set. There were several local gallaries and shops to explore, and we were able to visit St. Augustine a few times to see the sights there. After all the crowds and noise there, though, we were happy to retreat back to the comfort and calm of the relaxing B & B. Pat makes wonderful breakfasts too! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia S, Owner at River Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Maccleve, Thank you for recommending River Park Inn B&B and sharing your enjoyable stay including all the local attributes. Sounds like you really created some memories! We are glad that we were able to provide you and your friends with a relaxing retreat and we hope you will consider us for your reunions in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived and were met with a very hurried innkeeper. She said she had someplace else to be and couldn't spend much time with us which is fine as I understand she has a life. But she took us to our room and showed us around explaining that we can only use one or two lights at a time as using too many will kick the circuit breakers and she will have to come out and fix it. Then she ran out the door. We were unloading our luggage and heading to the room when she came running back with another couple and said she gave us the wrong room and we'd have to move. She yelled all of this across the front yard so we went upstairs and moved our stuff to the "other" room which was much smaller and no where as nice as the one she had taken us to. I stood in the shower for about four minutes with the water on hot and it didn't warm up at all. It was ice cold. I really needed a shower so I started to bathe and finally about another four minutes later into the shower it warmed up a little bit. There are only one other couple in the house so I'm not sure why there is no hot water. This is the nicest place in town as the only other option is an old motel but I'd suggest driving a few miles to another town and staying elsewhere. Most B&Bs have coffee or tea out for guests and there's nothing available here or maybe there is and she was too busy to tell us. She asked what time we would like breakfast and we said 8am as we have a meeting to attend at 9am and she said well maybe 8:30 or 9. Just not great service like other B&Bs weve visited.

• Stayed: May 2013
Patricia S, Owner at River Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you for providing a review on Trip Advisor. I am saddened to learn about your bad experience at my inn. About the room mix up; you did actually get the room you reserved. I will be more careful to verify reservations to avoid mix ups in the future. The hot water just requires a little patience because it is a long way from the tank. I will advise guests in the future of this. There were ample refreshments in the guest fridge and cookies at the entrance as is our custom but we welcome guest requests. Although I had to leave, the housekeeper was here if you had other requests and she would have been glad to help. Regarding breakfast it is customary to suggest 8:30 or 9 until we know what will better serve the guest's needs.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A friend and I met at the River Park Inn for an overnight stay. Green Cove Springs is south of Jacksonville and served as a perfect place for a reunion of two friends who hadn't seen one another in a few years. The owners were very accommodating and attended to our needs and requests as if we were the only ones there. The house has many interesting antiques and is tastefully decorated. The room we shared was a reminder of days gone by, and had two beds which is sometimes difficult to find in B and Bs. Breakfast was yummy,especially the French toast. I recommend getting off the beaten path and taking a day/night of R & R at the River Park Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the green room which is downstairs. It is perfect for older people or if you need more...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Patricia S, Owner at River Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We're so glad ya'll enjoyed your stay and that we could provide the venue for your long awaited reunion.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We recently traveled to the Jacksonville area on business and usually stay in hotels. My husband surprised me with reservations to the River Park Inn Bed and Breakfast! I was in awe of this lovely old home which is furnished so beautifully and charming. Surrounded by lovely old trees with Spanish moss; sitting on the porch in the mornings facing the St. John's River was a priceless experience. Now on to the Innkeepers, Pat and Dale! Very nice people and Pat can certainly lay out a great breakfast! Her waffles are unbeatable; what a bountiful breakfast to start your day. They area around it has a wonderful park and a long pier to sit and watch the river flow by. So many quaint restaurants and shops within walking distance as well. Will we be back? You betcha!

Room Tip: We stayed in the red room but I did have a chance to peek at the other rooms; they are beautiful as...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This charming little B&B is off the beaten path, but well worth the trip. I lived in Green Cove Springs for 12 years but never had an opportunity to stay at the River Park Inn while I was there. We moved out of the country, but I vowed to come back and check it out. Had I known how wonderful it was, I would have come back sooner! Each guest room in this magnificent old home has been beautifully decorated and updated with modern amenities (including free wi-fi). We stayed in the Green Room on the first floor - perfect for 3 of us. The queen bed and twin bed were topped with vintage quilts and lovely linens. Pat, our host and the owner of the inn couldn't have been more gracious. She is not only an authority on the local area and its fascinating history, but a lovely woman who went out of her way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. The Inn was spotless. Breakfast in the morning was fabulous. It was simply wonderful from the day we arrived until the day we left.

Green Cove Springs is a sleepy little town on the banks of the St. John's River, located between Jacksonville and St. Augustine. Just a short drive from I-95, it's the perfect place to rest for a day or two when traveling north and/or south. Without a doubt, I would stay here over any of the big chain hotels in the area. This peaceful little place is a well-kept secret in a quaint old town.

While there, be sure to walk down to the river and watch the sunrise. The natural beauty of the area is breathtaking.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently had to travel to Green Cove Springs,Fl. for a Scottish Festival that my husband was involved in. Having never been to the area,we booked a room at this lovely bed and breakfast that was just 5miles away from the fairgrounds. The owners Pat and Dale were just delightful and the place was awesome, filled with beautiful antiques and lovely furnishings, We were lucky enough to stay in the master suite with a 2person jacuzzi tub. She made a great breakfast every morning and always has homemade cookies out in the entrance hall. We had a nice veranda to sit on in the evening and enjoy our wine while rocking in the chairs on the porch, We stayed for 3 nights,and if ever in the area, I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: There are 5 rooms available and they are all lovely with their own bathrooms and cable T.V.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The owner'
, Pat , was very friendly and our room was very comfortable and had many "little perks that we have at home in PA such as a mirror 5X, plush towels, an extra heater for the bathroom, etc. she fixed breakfast for four if us and then sat down to eat with us. One tiny complaint is that we were still hungry but had to get going.
I recommend it and it's really the only place in town to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
#7 of 12 in Orange Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Best Western Southside Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Orange Park
Red Roof Inn Jacksonville - Oran...
#101 of 133 in Jacksonville
Sleep Inn & Suites Palatka

Been to River Park Inn? Share your experiences!