“great service and food - two different evenings”

Little Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Goodland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Re Open October 2017 for our 38th Season! Located right on the water in the quaint fishing village of Goodland, Florida on Marco Island. Little Bar, a local tradition for over 38 years, continues to serve consistently good seafood and steaks in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Varied menu. Fresh Seafood including Grouper, Soft Shell Crab, Steaks, and Prime Rib, luncheon and dinner specialties, as well as traditional waterfront fare, available daily. Open seven days at 11:30, dinner service begins at 5. Attitude Adjustment 3-6 in the full service bar. Eat indoors, on the screened lanai or in the casual, leafy surroundings of the waterside patios. The Best Live Entertainment.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Thanks to the reviews on TA and a recommendation from a friend, we enjoyed dinner on two different evenings on our three week stay at Marco.
Our first visit was just the two of us (DH and I) on a Sunday evening after people watching and enjoying a beer at Stan's that afternoon. We had reservations for 7:30; we were early at 6:45 but they couldn't accomadate us until our reservation time; not a problem as we were able to grab two seats in the bar area and have a drink. If we had been any later, we would have had to wait outside as the bar area and restaurant got slammed after 7 PM. We had asked to be seated outside as it was a nice evening; we were and enjoyed the night time view on the back porch. Service great and dinner very good - DH had the swordfish Sicilian style and I had sauteed grouper with lemon/capers. Salad was cold and fresh.
We enjoyed the whole experience so much, we returned 6 days later with our son, daughter-in-law and 2 year old grandson. We had reservations again this time for 5:30 because of the 2 year old. We really wanted to be seated on the open porch, but the restaurant wouldn't seat anyone out there; they said the weather was too cool and windy. I think they weren't staffed for the evening as the weather wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. (I overheard another person say the same thing we thought). I feared the dining area that we'd were seated in would be too warm (as it was on our previous visit) but it was cool and comfortable. Service again was excellent and the food just as good as the first time. Only complaint we adults had, was that the chicken strips for the 2 year old were overcooked and dried - he didn't seem to care though.
We will return on our next visit to Marco.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We felt that we stepped back in time when we entered the Little Bar Restaurant. But they treated us well (seating us before our reservation) and the food was good, so no complaints about the decor. Good, fresh fish - yum!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been to LittleBar twice in the last month and I would recommend it as a great place to eat. It isn't a fancy place but it has lots of character and consistently good food. I had frog legs on my first visit and stone crab the next visit which were both good. My husband had scallops on both visits. It may be a bit out of the way but the food and atmosphere is worth the trip,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our annual trip to the Little Bar from Marco did not disappoint....We ate in the Boat Room which was nicely air conditioned and cozy...great food, great service and very friendly staff, make this an annual event with friends....

The soft shell crabs are always the best but this year, I ended up with a doggie bag as I could not finish them...they were embarrassingly huge...but I needed room for one of their amazing desserts....Goodland is Old Florida and a neat jaunt....I love Marco and all that but a once a year trip to The Little Bar is a must....make sure you ask for the brochure about the history of the pieces and decor....great drinks too!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We have visited the Little Bar a dozen times of the last few years. Service is always friendly and the food is good. My Swordfish was a little dry however someone in our dining party had the grouper which was very moist. The atmosphere reflects the originality of the Goodland area. My only suggestion would be do update the plate ware. It's the 1970's at grandma house.