“Relaxing Saturday Night Dinner”

Little Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Goodland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Re Open October 2017 for our 38th Season! Located right on the water in the quaint fishing village of Goodland, Florida on Marco Island. Little Bar, a local tradition for over 38 years, continues to serve consistently good seafood and steaks in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Varied menu. Fresh Seafood including Grouper, Soft Shell Crab, Steaks, and Prime Rib, luncheon and dinner specialties, as well as traditional waterfront fare, available daily. Open seven days at 11:30, dinner service begins at 5. Attitude Adjustment 3-6 in the full service bar. Eat indoors, on the screened lanai or in the casual, leafy surroundings of the waterside patios. The Best Live Entertainment.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We very much like the Little Bar which has the great Goodland relaxed atmosphere. The food is always fresh and the the staff fiendly. The wasabi tuna is excellent as is the mussels appetizer. On the down side some rooms are noisy and make sure you make a reservation as the wait can be long.

There are newer reviews for Little Bar Restaurant

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Yesteryear this location would have been rated excellent.
The quality has declined, & they are often out of menu items.
The popularity has not declined. It is well supported by the tourists and a reservation is advised. Plan to wait ...........

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Dined at Little Bar recently. Pros--fun, shabby Marco Island, SW Florida vibe on the water. Cons--food was average with typical "season" prices. As others have noted, the elderly hostess was rude...seemed very put out that we did not have reservations and that we showed up between the lunch and dinner service. We told her we'd be happy to sit in the bar and wait but she took us right to a table. Again seemed put out when we asked to be seated inside. I would have preferred outdoor seating but one of my companions did not. Also as others noted the server started right off with what they were out of -- primarily the soft shell crabs. I ordered the crab cakes which were tasty. I asked for rice pilaf but got sweet potato fries. My companion ordered prime rib and baked potato (in a seafood restaurant...I know...) which had an over-abundance of an jus and which she said was cold. The chocolate peanut bar pie was EXCELLENT. Little Bar reminded me of a typical Wisconsin Supper Club...ok for for guests but gets better for regulars.

I would definitely go back for the atmosphere and location and the vibe especially out of season. The food isn't any better or worse than another bar but it's a fun, laid back place to go have a drink or two and relax. Even the rude hostess in her sparkly dress adds local color!!

1  Thank dogged
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The friendly service and pleasant outside seating made this an enjoyable spot for lunch. The steamed mussels, a special, $9.95, came in a bowl with toasted baguette rounds. The mussels were fresh and tasty in a garlic white wine flavored watery broth that was very lightly seasoned. The baguette rounds were toasted but burned around the edges on all servings. This leads me to believe the kitchen wanted the bread this way although the charred taste took away from the delicate taste of the delicious mussels. None of us ate the burned toast. The stone crab claws (7) were a little pricey at $26.95, but were sweet and tasty. The dipping sauce on the side complimented the claws very nicely. My friends had the fried oysters and were disappointed. The fried shrimp were just OK. For those landlubbers, my friend who had the grilled chicken breast, $8.95, said it was an actual chicken breast with a nice grilled taste served with fresh, tender sweet potato fries. This is not my first time dining here and have learned the menu items can vary widely. So choose wisely. I rated them very good for their fresh seafood specials we enjoyed and the friendly attentive service.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The wait was long, but the 2 guys singing in the bar were really good and the time passed quickly while we were listening to them. I only wish we could have heard them from the room we were seated in when we ate. The food was good, but it was very loud, crowded and slow in the dining room. If I went again I think I would try lunch time.