“Average food vs. great location”

Little Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Goodland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open Friday October 7 2016 for our 38th Season! Located right on the water in the quaint fishing village of Goodland, Florida on Marco Island. Little Bar, a local tradition for over 35 years, continues to serve consistently good seafood and steaks in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Varied menu. Fresh Seafood including Grouper, Soft Shell Crab, Steaks, and Prime Rib, luncheon and dinner specialties, as well as traditional waterfront fare, available daily. Open seven days at 11:30, dinner service begins at 5. Attitude Adjustment 3-6 in the full service bar. Eat indoors, on the screened lanai or in the casual, leafy surroundings of the waterside patios. The Best Live Entertainment.
Naples, Florida
“Average food vs. great location”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Dined at Little Bar recently. Pros--fun, shabby Marco Island, SW Florida vibe on the water. Cons--food was average with typical "season" prices. As others have noted, the elderly hostess was rude...seemed very put out that we did not have reservations and that we showed up between the lunch and dinner service. We told her we'd be happy to sit in the bar and wait but she took us right to a table. Again seemed put out when we asked to be seated inside. I would have preferred outdoor seating but one of my companions did not. Also as others noted the server started right off with what they were out of -- primarily the soft shell crabs. I ordered the crab cakes which were tasty. I asked for rice pilaf but got sweet potato fries. My companion ordered prime rib and baked potato (in a seafood restaurant...I know...) which had an over-abundance of an jus and which she said was cold. The chocolate peanut bar pie was EXCELLENT. Little Bar reminded me of a typical Wisconsin Supper Club...ok for for guests but gets better for regulars.

I would definitely go back for the atmosphere and location and the vibe especially out of season. The food isn't any better or worse than another bar but it's a fun, laid back place to go have a drink or two and relax. Even the rude hostess in her sparkly dress adds local color!!

1 Thank dogged

Marco Island, Florida
“Specials of the day best bets!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The friendly service and pleasant outside seating made this an enjoyable spot for lunch. The steamed mussels, a special, $9.95, came in a bowl with toasted baguette rounds. The mussels were fresh and tasty in a garlic white wine flavored watery broth that was very lightly seasoned. The baguette rounds were toasted but burned around the edges on all servings. This leads me to believe the kitchen wanted the bread this way although the charred taste took away from the delicate taste of the delicious mussels. None of us ate the burned toast. The stone crab claws (7) were a little pricey at $26.95, but were sweet and tasty. The dipping sauce on the side complimented the claws very nicely. My friends had the fried oysters and were disappointed. The fried shrimp were just OK. For those landlubbers, my friend who had the grilled chicken breast, $8.95, said it was an actual chicken breast with a nice grilled taste served with fresh, tender sweet potato fries. This is not my first time dining here and have learned the menu items can vary widely. So choose wisely. I rated them very good for their fresh seafood specials we enjoyed and the friendly attentive service.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A fun night”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The wait was long, but the 2 guys singing in the bar were really good and the time passed quickly while we were listening to them. I only wish we could have heard them from the room we were seated in when we ate. The food was good, but it was very loud, crowded and slow in the dining room. If I went again I think I would try lunch time.

• Visited February 2013
Marco Island, United States
“Another fun lunch at Little Bar”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

What a delightful spot lunching outside watching folks in their boats coming and going. The blackened mahi mahi over greens was perfect as was my friends grilled shrimp over greens . . . a tasty, healthful lunch. Always good.

• Visited March 2013
Woodstock, Ny
“Guess we picked a bad time”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We planned an airboat tour right next door & friends recommended The Little Bar over Stan's. When we called for reservations we were told they weren't serving dinner at 4:30 (not until 5:00), but we could still order from the lunch menu. We sat outside, which was charming in a rustic way and right on the water. Service was prompt, after an initial delay with the drinks, for which the waitress apologized. We ordered stone crab which was quite good, but "lunch" for two came to $82, which I thought was a bit high. Overhearing the wait staffs' presentations at surrounding tables made me think we should just have skipped the lunch menu & waited for dinner. It sounded like that half hour made a significant difference, not only in what was available, but also in how customers were treated. The transition from lunch to dinner service was not smooth and I had the uncomfortable feeling that both the hostess & wait staff were annoyed that our arrival interfered with the dinner prep. I was surprised that we weren't encouraged to look at the dinner menu & wait at the bar. In retrospect, I wish we had done just that!