“Only gets better.....”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Goodland
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: UnOpen June 25-October 2018 Located right on the water in the quaint fishing village of Goodland, Florida on Marco Island. Little Bar, a local tradition for over 38 years, continues to serve consistently good seafood and steaks in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Varied menu. Fresh Seafood including Grouper, Soft Shell Crab, Steaks, and Prime Rib, luncheon and dinner specialties, as well as traditional waterfront fare, available daily. Open seven days at 11:30, dinner service begins at 5. Attitude Adjustment 3-6 in the full service bar. Eat indoors, on the screened lanai or in the casual, leafy surroundings of the waterside patios. The Best Live Entertainment.
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've been going to Little Bar for the last ten years. My recent trip to Marco Island found us at Little Bar on three separate occasions because we had such positive experiences. The chef's specials were enjoyed by all of us-excellent, especially the snapper and mahi-mahi. Although the seafood is excellent, one member of our party had a filet mignon that was A+. The service is relaxed, personalized and completes the dining experience. The water view along with the food and service make this one of my favorite places to dine in Goodland/Marco/Isle of Capri. Note: check to make sure they are open as they will close for a portion of hurricane season.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Having nothing but the fondest memories from my trips to the Little Bar growing up on our vacations on Marco, I was excited to return on my recent trip to the Island. While the conch chowder was every bit as delicious as I remember and the on-the-water atmosphere is still great, the rest of the experience was just average. My boyfriend and I both had the fried shrimp. As far as fried shrimp go, they were mediocre. The service was good, but not great. I would still recommend to a friend, but not as wholeheartedly as in the past. I think I may still return with family, but would want to try for lunch, as I did as a child, instead of dinner. Maybe it makes a difference?

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We were staying on Marco Island and the Little Bar on Goodland, about a 10 minute drive, was recommended to us by a local as a place where you can get a feel for the local atmosphere of the area. We enjoyed our lunch here and the people were very nice. Your menu is brought to you on a large poster board and placed in front of your table clipped to a stand. Funny. We had the amberjack spread because we had read about it being good from another reviewer and it was really delicious. Not too fishy tasting. Served with saltines and breadsticks it truly did give you the local feel. We also had the grouper sandwiches which were also good. If you want to take a little trip away from your resort, this is a good little local place to try--nothing fancy--just an interesting little diversion that we enjoyed visiting.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We didn't have a reservation. Apparently they do take them. We waited about 45 minutes. The bar area was packed so the wait for a table was like waiting in a bus station. The food was well above average but pricey. I expected more from the reviews. This is not a great restaurant but worth another try. This is a special occasion restaurant, not a place to get a eat on a regular basis.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Goodland is a short drive from Marco Island on the way to the Everglades. The on-the-water seating is scenic and casual. The staff is friendly and offers a fun atmosphere. Their menus are shown on "white boards" at each table. Ha! The food was well prepared and very good. Marco Island needs more restaurants like this as there seems to be a shortage of casual on-the-water dinning with good food.

2  Thank Pollcat99