“Good atmosphere, mediocre food”

Old Marco Lodge Crab House
Ranked #5 of 5 Restaurants in Goodland
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was overpriced, quality just average at best. The restaurant was dirty as well. Outside bar and band were great, would go there again for that but definitely not eat there again.

1  Thank marylvk

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had nothing to do one afternoon and we were told to go to Goodland Fla. which butts right up to Marco Island. IT's a drinking community with a fishing problem. THe Lodge is old world cool from when I was a kid. Heavy dark wood adorns the place. THe outside deck is covered and keeps the direct sunlight from killing your already sunburned body. You can eat out in the sun if you want but we chose to sit at the bar. THe bartender was affable and kind of matter of fact. I was goining to order a burger until he told me the grouper was just in off the boat. I jumped at the thought of fresh grouper on a bunwith L & T. Sided by good fries. Well I wasn't disappointed. THe grouper was a nice fillet, the bun fresh, sufficient amount of lettuce and tomato. Little tartar sauce and I was in heaven. The fries were good, not the lousy ones with the sprinkle stuff on it. These were good fries. Two beers later and listening to the music of some M/F duet from Minnesota (yea Minnesota) I didn't want to leave as I stared into the beautiful water view, No million dollar boats or mansions destroying this view, just beautiful water and vegetation on the other side. Make the trip to Goodland and have a beer here and you'll never want to leave the view.

1  Thank Jackieboy014
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The mahi mahi with crab imperial was very good. Loved the crab on top!!! Our kids had shrimp scampi. Had lots of garlic (they loved it!!!) but don't order if you don't like garlic. The sunset was beautiful!!!!!

2  Thank jlosensky
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Quaint old inn right on the water. We went for lunch. I had crabcakes and my husband had clams. We both had the fish chowder. All was delicious and served quickly. My husband had a margareta and that was great to. The view is beautiful of the bay and we were entertained by pelicans.

1  Thank FreevileNYNYBonnie
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our trip to Goodland Marco Island is not complete without a sampling of Stone Crab Fare. Despite a prominent place on the menu, our waiter announced that the restaurant had not served Stone Crabs in the last three months. Is it too much trouble to have the menu reprinted? Despite that initial shock, we thoroughly enjoyed the salad bar and stuffed mushrooms. Supported by a glass of fine chardonnay, we were very pleased with the ultimate result. In addition, the Canadian singer was excellent and totally captivated our attention. Despite the lack of our favorite seafood, we will return soon.

1  Thank William K