“Everglade Area Tours - a great experience”

Marco Island Boat Tours
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in Goodland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Only 10 minutes from the beaches of Marco Island you can experience the 10,000 Islands area of the Everglades. Enjoy a 2 hour Birding, Dolphin and Wildlife Photo Eco Tour is a very comfortable power boat. Designed specifically for families the 3.5 hour 10,000 Eco Excursion is a hands on learning experience. Our most popular experience, however, is the Boat Assisted Kayak Eco Tour. Daily departures are limited to six guests, so reservations are required.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We did the boat assisted kayak tour starting in Marco Island in march this year. It was really great. You get a good impression of the 10000 Islands and the nature.
Our guide (Captain Ed) was very friendly and he knew lots of things about nature and wildlife there. It was really interessting. We even saw dolphins and the captain succeeded in getting them to swim around the boat. We stopped at a small island where we found lots of great sea shells (it maked Sanibels beaches look poor on sea shells :-) ).The kayaking was also fun and a great possibility to discover mangroves close by. At this time of the year we did not see any alligators around there.

All reviews
"saw lots of wildlife"
"shell hunting"
"bird watching"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"knew where"
"marine life"
"my husband and i"
in 8 reviews
"shore birds"
in 2 reviews
"dolphins playing in the wake"
"explaining everything"

Reviewed March 19, 2014

we had the most awesome time- our Captain ed was a wonderful guide. We saw lots of dolphins and really enjoyed the shelling. We cannot speak highly enough of the private tour.

1  Thank sscantrell
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We booked online this tour starting from Marco Island (beware, it departs form a specific place in Marco Island, close to the eastern bridge: the website is not very detailed about this, so make sure that you know where to go!).
We were the 4 of us (with my husband and my 2 kids of 9 and 6), with a super-nice, super-passionate guide, who was never tired of answering our questions about all the wonders of nature that we were discovering.
Everything was a lot of fun: the boating (with dolphins who came to jump nearby, and lots of birds, eagles nests etc. to observe), the shelling on a nice beach (incredible shells, so easy to find!), the quiet kayaking, in an easy spot (with the kids and myself pregnant, we were not looking for something too challenging!).

Really a perfect moment. It's expensive, but it's worth it!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The high price of the trip was a surprise to my husband but I was excited about treating him to tour an area we had read about. Prepaying with no refund is scary and leaves me with questions about the tour operator. The day before we visited the marina we would depart from to check things out but when we arrived for our scheduled tour, we were told we were at the wrong marina. After being sent to three different marinas, we spotted our boat from across the waterway and my husband yelled at the tour guide to have him stay. We were coming around. The captain had almost left and we probably would have been out the price of the trip.( remember, no refunds) Although it was a beautiful day and a lovely ride and we stopped at an island to shell, I thought there would be more hands on science with the trip. We did see playful dolphins and the captain was a nice guy, I suppose the frustrating beginning dampened the spirits for the trip. There also was a lot of "buck passing" when I called to relate what had happened. Even though we were given a $50 refund for our trouble, this is not the group that I would deal with again. If it isn't National Park Service, I would not trust the operator.

1  Thank amroutson
CaptWright, Owner at Marco Island Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Ms. Amrouston,

We are sorry that you got lost, but happy that you enjoyed the tour. Unfortunately, you did not make your reservation directly with Everglades Area Tours, so we had absolutely no communications with you prior to the tour. You booked directly online through a third party tour site and they provided all the confirmation details directly to you.

Everglades Area Tours has a liberal cancellation and refund policy. The “no refund” policy is theirs not ours.

After yelling at the marina staff at two different marinas, hanging up on our staff and even chewing out your guide, all who were trying to assist you, I am sure “spirits were dampened”. The other guests on the tour and both marinas, who called about the behavior, certainly did confirm this.

I would suggest, in the future, dealing directly with those providing your service.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a wonderful time with Captain Ed. We learned a lot about osprey, egrets and other shore birds. Our boat ride out to Kice Island was so much fun with a mother and young dolphin surfing in our wake. We took some great pictures and videos. Kice Island was great too, walking in the surf, collecting shells. Again Ed was so knowledgeable about crustaceans and sea life. It was just perfect. But I think the best part of the day for me was kayaking through the mangroves. So peaceful and so beautiful. The sun and the leaves reflecting on the water, the stillness. What an amazing way to spend an afternoon. Thank you.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for taking your time to review the experience. Captain Ed is quite special, but the area is even more so!