“Great charter, great captain, great time”
Review of Island Anglers

Island Anglers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering backcountry light tackle and fly fishing trips. We pride ourselves on sharing with others all the great aspects of our waters that make the ten thousand islands and Everglades so unique.
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Our fourth charter with a new captain ( to us) and double digit overall. In a word, perfect. My son(13) and I went out for a back bay trip and came away smiling and happy. While anyone who understands fishing understands that even the pros can be shut out depending on the conditions, captain Mitch did EVERYTHING in his power to ensure that we reeled in some great fish, and we did! A slow start due to a less than ideal tide led to snook, snapper, black drum, trout, and jack all reeled in, due in no small part to Mitch's determination, knowledge and hard work. He literally pole pushed through endless mangroves until we found productive holes. Upon landing a nice black drum we drifted away from the spot and I asked to if we could give it another shot. Mitch showed no bruised ego, after all he is the captain with 10 years on these waters, and said "why not" to a northern guy with no idea. And we were rewarded with 2 more drum! Thanks for giving it a shot Mitch! Mitch is professional, personable, accommodating and thorough. He handled my son's endless questions and non stop talking with patience and consideration. What a great guy and a great experience! He even left me with the black drum slaying jig head so I could keep the magic juju going for the remainder of the vacation. Give captain Mitch and Island Anglers a try - you will not be disappointed! Just don't blame him if you don't catch fish because it will NOT be through lack of effort on his part. Or any other errors of omission. Remember, it is called fishing not catching and sometimes they just won't bite. Not today, however! When I return to Marco, I will look up this fine captain once again!

Date of experience: July 2017
"water"
"fishing"
"island"

Reviewed May 4, 2017

I've been down to Marco Island a few times but I'd have to say that this was by far my favorite trip. I went out with Capt. Mitch for 1/2 day and I couldn't of asked for more. We landed a bunch of Redfish, Snook, and Trout to start out the day and when we had a little extra time we went out to look for Tarpon. To my surprise he knew exactly where they'd be rolling and Boom! We jumped a couple within seconds and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Highly recommend Capt. Mitch, great guy and great captain.

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Took Capt. Mitch out with my 16 year old son a few weeks back who was learning to fly fish, it was a great experience. Capt. Mitch was very knowledgeable, informative, and professional. Nice clean boat that we filled up with fish by the end of the day. Highly recommend Capt. Mitch and can't wait to make my way back for another trip!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Capt Mitch met me promptly at the departure time for a full day of fly fishing. It didn't take me long to realize that this guide knows where the fish lurk. I've been out with many guides around the country and I must say this was one of my more pleasurable experiences on the water.

Had shots at many quality redfish and a couple nice snook. After getting numerous to the boat, Capt Mitch suggest we look for tarpon. Showed up to a Bay and proceeded to spend the next several hours casting at beautiful rollers. Couldn't have asked for more! I sincerely look forward to my next trip down to the 10k islands and highly recommend this guide to other fly fishers looking to get a true taste of the areas fishery.

Thanks again Capt Mitch!