“Best experience in Marco!”
Review of Island Anglers

Island Anglers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering backcountry light tackle and fly fishing trips. We pride ourselves on sharing with others all the great aspects of our waters that make the ten thousand islands and Everglades so unique.
Reviewed May 4, 2017

I've been down to Marco Island a few times but I'd have to say that this was by far my favorite trip. I went out with Capt. Mitch for 1/2 day and I couldn't of asked for more. We landed a bunch of Redfish, Snook, and Trout to start out the day and when we had a little extra time we went out to look for Tarpon. To my surprise he knew exactly where they'd be rolling and Boom! We jumped a couple within seconds and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Highly recommend Capt. Mitch, great guy and great captain.

All reviews
"fishing"
"water"
"island"

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Took Capt. Mitch out with my 16 year old son a few weeks back who was learning to fly fish, it was a great experience. Capt. Mitch was very knowledgeable, informative, and professional. Nice clean boat that we filled up with fish by the end of the day. Highly recommend Capt. Mitch and can't wait to make my way back for another trip!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Capt Mitch met me promptly at the departure time for a full day of fly fishing. It didn't take me long to realize that this guide knows where the fish lurk. I've been out with many guides around the country and I must say this was one of my more pleasurable experiences on the water.

Had shots at many quality redfish and a couple nice snook. After getting numerous to the boat, Capt Mitch suggest we look for tarpon. Showed up to a Bay and proceeded to spend the next several hours casting at beautiful rollers. Couldn't have asked for more! I sincerely look forward to my next trip down to the 10k islands and highly recommend this guide to other fly fishers looking to get a true taste of the areas fishery.

Thanks again Capt Mitch!

1  Thank Thompsonof3
Reviewed December 16, 2016

I was able to book a last minute 1/2 day fishing trip with Nick before Thanksgiving. I have used a number of different guides on and around Marco Island over the years and this was one of the more enjoyable trips. The boat was comfortable, our guide had great local knowledge of the fishery and surrounding area, and was very professional. I will definitely use him again in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Arrived in Marcos wanting to fish, but with no reservations. Previous experience with charter fishing in another state hasn't been positive - with bossy or cranky captains who may have a ton of knowledge, but poor people skills. By luck, we ran into Nick coming in after a charter and he was not only knowledgeable, he was humble and hard-working. Clients loved their experience, so I took his card and called him Saturday. He was very responsive and agreed to create a modified fishing plane to meet our needs of having some action and wanting a chance to catch big fish. Nick executed to perfection. Took us off shore for an hour of intense action where our party of 5 often had 2, 3 or even 4 fish on at once. Nick never lost patience with having to run around and take fish off or bait hooks. Great fun. Then we headed closer to shore to fish sharks. Took us about 5 minutes to land a 3.5 footer! We had several other bite offs too. Nick was fun, kind and helpful the entire time and repeatedly asked how all of us were doing. He also made sure to share his knowledge willingly - and he is very knowledgeable in fishing, boating, the area and the wildlife. It was evident how much he wanted us to enjoy our day, and we all absolutely did. I would go back out with Nick in a flash...if you are looking for a fun, hardworking guide, look no further. You will enjoy your day on the water and come out with new perspectives on the area too!