“Great place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northwest Grille

Northwest Grille
Ranked #20 of 566 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Ocala,Florida, U.s.
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We visited this place with our friends who live nearby. The menu is extensive, with fish, seafood, meat, pasta, included, along with an extensive appetizer menu. The seafood chowder was excellent, loaded with fish and clams. My husband had the stuffed mushrooms, they were large, and yummy. For our entrees, I tried the drunken grouper, delicious and huge, my husband had shrimp and pasta, our friends had the fried catfish plate and mussels with pasta. All the choices were very tasty, with large portions. Our server was friendly and efficient. Would recommend this establishment to anyone seeking a great restaurant in Gainesville.

Visited May 2014

Bruceton Mills, West Virginia
“Underrated gem in Gainesville.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

A local work colleague recommended this restaurant and told me it was an under appreciated and uncrowded place for a meal. He was right. I was greeted warmly and my waitress returned at appropriate times to make sure my drink was full and to make sure my meal was to my liking.

I ordered the local Florida grouper on the advice of my server Jess, and also on her recommendation I had it prepared lightly blackened. I had a glass of the house red wine which was a Beringer product and which was half price on the Wednesday evening that I visited.

The restaurant filled up as the evening progressed but there were always one or two tables open so I'd say my friend was right about it being uncrowded.

The food was excellent and the fish was prepared perfectly. My food also arrived within about 15 minutes of my placing my order. My only complaint would be the broccoli. It was a little overcooked but not extremely so.

I stayed and got some work done, and also had a dessert. It also arrived promptly and was terrific. My final total with tip was just under $35.

The next time I'm in the Gainesville area I'll very likely drop by the Northwest Grille once again, and I hope to get Jess for a server again as she really went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and her only guest.

• Visited May 2014
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

13 of us went here for lunch, the menu was loaded with all kinds of good stuff. The food was delicious and the amount was not your average lunch amount, this was a diner and a darn good one at that. I had the fried oyster lunch and got 12 very large oysters that were so fresh and lightly breaded, a large bowl of cold slaw that was good and a lot of lightly fried french fries. Service was perfect too.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank drummerbrat
Gainesville, Florida
“Terrible Service and Poor Food Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Over the past years we have gone to this restaurant for dinner. Many years ago, under its original ownership, it was a place that we frequented. Once it was sold we continued to go there but stopped as the quality of the food worsened. Due to its location, close to our home, we decided to try it again and we were pleased with the meal. But unfortunately we went again this week and found the service to be terrible and the food was close to inedible. We have crossed it off our list. If you are going out to dinner in Gainesville, find somewhere else to go!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jacruizen4fun
“fish sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great server and fast kitchen service. Food was good but not great. the restaurant and windows need cleaning. Prices are good.

Visited March 2014