“Never had a bad meal.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Northwest Grille

Northwest Grille
Ranked #20 of 566 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Gainesville, Florida
“Never had a bad meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Always good - never failed us. Great basil martini! Seafood dishes are always a favorite. Eat there at least once month.

• Visited June 2013

Boca Raton, Florida
“Local place, great service and taste”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Wednesday night "date night" took us here, and the seafood chowder, grouper sandwich, and organic grass fed organic beef burger bleu made it well worth the visit. Server/hostess Brittany also made sure that our food remained hot, our drinks cold, and that we enjoyed ourselves as our booth provided a nice combination of isolation and people watching. We intend to return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lake Worth, Florida
“Good Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The fried pollack was great and such a huge serving on the regular meal- I can't imagine what the all-you-can-eat is like!
Fried stuffed shrimp - very tasty. My husband had the stuffed grouper but he would not have the cream sauce and said it was kind of dry. He loved the crab meat stuffing though!

Visited July 2013
Newberry, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best fried shrimp in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I eat at Northwest Grille at least once a month. Their fare is some of the best in Gainesville. I especially like their St. Augustine fried shrimp and fried oysters. The seafood chowder is also very tasty. I love the fact that they have such Southern classics as collard greens and cheese grits on the menu. They also have a wide variety of wine and beer to choose from; SwampHead being my favorite.

Visited April 2013
Lake City, Florida
“Probably Should Not Have Returned”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Many years ago, this was one of our favorite dining spots in Gainesville, and we would go out of our way to northwest G'vile to dine at this location. Then, on one visit, my fish was not good and my wife's fish was spoiled! Recently, I was on a solo trip to Gainesville, and I decided to stop by late one afternoon. As I was not hungry enough for my previous favorite, drunken grouper, I decided on just some fried shrimp. I wanted to try the St. Augustine shrimp, but after interviewing the waitress I learned that this dish was not served with the St. Augustine style shrimp sauce. I went with their regular, beer battered fried shrimp. They were totally routine such as can be had almost anywhere. The dark bread that came with the meal was also unremarkable. The salad was OK.
Upon entering the establishment, I was greeted with the smell of sulfur and the disinfectant/deodorant scent used to cover the sulfur odor. I also observed that the Northwest Grille is probably best visited at night as under the brighter light conditions of the afternoon it appeared to be getting fairly run-down. The service was acceptable, although I was initially presented with the wrong check

• Visited February 2013