“Good Seafood”

Ranked #27 of 606 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Fresh Seafood, Hand Cut Steaks,grassfed Burgers, Saturday And Sunday Brunch Featuring A Build Your Own Bloody Mary Bar!!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The fried pollack was great and such a huge serving on the regular meal- I can't imagine what the all-you-can-eat is like!
Fried stuffed shrimp - very tasty. My husband had the stuffed grouper but he would not have the cream sauce and said it was kind of dry. He loved the crab meat stuffing though!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I eat at Northwest Grille at least once a month. Their fare is some of the best in Gainesville. I especially like their St. Augustine fried shrimp and fried oysters. The seafood chowder is also very tasty. I love the fact that they have such Southern classics as collard greens and cheese grits on the menu. They also have a wide variety of wine and beer to choose from; SwampHead being my favorite.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Many years ago, this was one of our favorite dining spots in Gainesville, and we would go out of our way to northwest G'vile to dine at this location. Then, on one visit, my fish was not good and my wife's fish was spoiled! Recently, I was on a solo trip to Gainesville, and I decided to stop by late one afternoon. As I was not hungry enough for my previous favorite, drunken grouper, I decided on just some fried shrimp. I wanted to try the St. Augustine shrimp, but after interviewing the waitress I learned that this dish was not served with the St. Augustine style shrimp sauce. I went with their regular, beer battered fried shrimp. They were totally routine such as can be had almost anywhere. The dark bread that came with the meal was also unremarkable. The salad was OK.
Upon entering the establishment, I was greeted with the smell of sulfur and the disinfectant/deodorant scent used to cover the sulfur odor. I also observed that the Northwest Grille is probably best visited at night as under the brighter light conditions of the afternoon it appeared to be getting fairly run-down. The service was acceptable, although I was initially presented with the wrong check

2  Thank floridatraveler32055
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We go here with company for a delicious, reasonable fish dinner. The location is tucked away in an attractive mini-mall. A protected outdoor seating area is available when the weather's nice. We always eat inside at the high-backed booths. Never disappointed!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This restaurant is a "must go" every time we are in Gainesville.
Their fish and seafood is always excellent and they have interesting and varied specials. Menu is large and will please the seafood, fish, poultry or steak lover. Excellent and attentive service.