“Great location you can walk to the nightlife.”

Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Great location you can walk to the nightlife.”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Housekeeping was in a hurry to get me out and if I left my room after they did my floor they were not coming back. I complained twice and on the second time the manager gave me a free night out of 7. The 5th floor rooms were redone and nice enough. If it wasn't for the location I doubt I'd stay there they are a` little pricey. The restaurant was ok but there are better ones if your into the college crowd. It is a very friendly town and I enjoyed the walk to dinner. I'll stay there again but the should give a better hospital rate. The price I really could stay at a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Friendly staff and good rooms. Multi million dollar renovation could have been directed a little more to improving the condition of the bathrooms as it really loks antiquated. Good location but again it is Gainesville! The whole place is barely 5-10 miles! They have a friendly pick up service from the airport and to the hospital. May return if price I got on hotwire was more like $39 instead of the $54.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for one night prior to surgery at UF/Shands hospital, then my mother and friend stayed for a full week after my surgery until I was released from the hospital. We chose the hotel mainly due to their shuttle service to the hospital, and their closeness to the hospital. They couldn't have been better hosts to all of us. I received a discount as a UF/Shands patient, and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. They provided dependable shuttle service with an extra personal touch. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the beds were VERY comfortable. Kudos to the staff for being so pleasant and accommodating!

Stayed December 2008
Atlanta
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Mid way to Sanibel from Atlanta stop. Last minute Hotwire on the fly. Lobby & front desk staff were great, over the top nice, even with most of my family wearing UGA clothes!!
Room was dated and Holiday Inn's attempt with nice pillows and bedding falls flat compared to Starwood's.
Price was right and a good night sleep was had.

The campus of UF was very pretty.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — dated room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
florida
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I wouldn't listen to the negative comments. My daughter and I stay every year for 4-5 nights and was never let down. Yes there was a time when they did not have their flag, but that was due to not having a restaurant in the hotel. The breakfast was complimentary and they had a decent selection. They offered hot biscuits, gravy and sausage as well as cold items. The staff is always friendly and they do thier utmost to help solve issues. We are going back the hotel this weekend and can't wait to see the new restaurant that is now opened.

• Liked — The location and service
  • Disliked — Not one thing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Family of four stayed at this hotel. Not all that bad and dirty as other reviews may have you think. Staff was friendly and room was modest but clean. Would stay here again; very close to the University.

• Liked — Clean
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
WV
Reviewed March 22, 2008

This hotel was a disappointment to me. I booked it because they told me that they were the closest hotel to UF and I guess they are since the UF sign is across the street. However, when I booked my stay I asked about it being close to the O'Connell Center (the O-Dome). They told me it was like a 8 minute walk and about 5 blocks. I thought no problem. I got there about an hour or so before the game and took my things upstairs. I came back down and the girl at the front desk told me it was straight ahead on the left. Well it's about a 15 minute walk for an out of shape person and way more than 5 blocks. I wish I just would have driven. Anyway, after the game I came back to the room and it was one of the smallest bathroom's I've been in. The door almost hits the toilet. However the shower does have some pressure. I didn't have any internet problems so that may have been fixed. The pillows were ok and the bed was very firm. I don't think I would stay here again and not sure I could recommend it to anyone. It's just not worth the price.

• Liked — Not much
  • Disliked — Beds and price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)