“Great location when visiting UF”

Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis
“Great location when visiting UF”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Recently stayed when returning for a UF game.

Great location that is right on campus and within walking distance to the stadium.

The hotel is very clean and the staff was very helpful and nice.

Also had a nice outdoor pool that gets plenty of sun.

Would stay again when visiting,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear RalphieSpeaks,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the Holiday Inn University. Walking distance is key during a game as you said......thank you for recognizing our service and cleanliness. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been staying here quite a bit lately and the service is always great. The hotel is clean, and everyone is always very pleasant and professional. Linda makes sure everything is taken care of and puts in the extra effort to make sure my stay is perfect. I will continue to stay here when I am working or visiting the Gainesville area.

David E.

Room Tip: I enjoy rooms on the top floor, and pool side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear DavidE0227,
We are thankful for your review. Thank you for stating the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the service. I will be sure to share this review with Linda. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property is a corporate hotel in every sense of the word -- straight-ouf-of-the-box cookie cutter architecture & "hip" touches like blue accent lamps. There is nothing at this location that you wouldn't find at a Holiday Inn anywhere in the U.S.

However, the staff was very helpful with local restaurant selections (Bagels & Noodles for breakfast, Corner for lunch) & very courteous -- it's obvious they want to help you (or at least want to avoid the wrath of the GM).

There is a Beef O Brady's restaurant on the ground floor which has its own issues (see my other review).

All in all, a predictable property with a good staff.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor. As the hotel is right on the "Strip", it can get loud at nig...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SN1752
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dearest SN1752,

We appreciate your entering review for the Holiday Inn University. We appreciate your kind recognition regarding the hotel staff. (Chuckle) Yes, as the General Manager customer service is my top priority. My goal is to avoid, at all costs a guest service complaint. Thank you for the room tip. I love when reviews includes them as it helps our future guests whom read reviews when choosing a hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights to attend UF festivities and enjoy Gainesville nightlife. The room was large and clean. The beds were squeaky but comfy. The pool and surrounding deck were nice to enjoy time with friends. This hotel is within walking distance to almost anything.... campus, the stadium, midtown, downtown.... The staff was very friendly and accommodated our request to get rooms close together. Game day/weekends are pricey, but you can just park at the hotel and save on taxies and parking fees. We will definitely stay here again when visiting Gainesville!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SicaAM,

Thank you so much for outlining the Holiday Inn University amenities for other future guests to review. We could not have said it any better. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Whenever I come to Gainesville, I stay at this hotel. The facilities are wonderfully clean, the service is superb, all the employees treat me wonderfully well, and Linda goes above and beyond the call of duty to fulfill my every need. She is a wonderfully polite, intelligent, helpful and socially charming person. The whole staff is always good to me, but Linda makes my stays at HI-Gainesville University Center a special experience. I shall continue to stay here when I come to town.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second floor, near the pool.
Green Features: Ilove that you recycle newspapers and use nontoxic products.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David H
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear David H,

We appreciate your continued patronage at the Holiday Inn University. Thank you for recognizing Linda. I will be sure to Share with her. I am glad your experience is always consistent. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Trinity, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ok, the hotel is a little old...but from there is all good. My wife and daughter just completed a stay here and had nothing but good things to report back. My daughter who attends UF just had her wisdom teeth removed and she needed a safe and quiet place to stay...Well they found it!
I read the bad reviews and I don't get it...Great stay, Great price, Great service, Secure...
Thanks Holiday Inn Gainesville for taking care of my girls

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Russ V,
I am very glad that our caring staff took care of your family. I'm also glad that you found the Holiday Inn University to be a Great Stay, Great Price, Great Service and Secure. I hope you were offered to join our GATOR VIP program specially designed for parents of the University of Florida.We look forward to welcoming you back.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The staff was wonderful. A welcome letter and bottle of water were on the desk awaiting our arrival. Our room was huge. The bathroom is small and in need of a fresh look, but certainly is adequate and clean. The room was quiet. It's definitely convenient to UF, located at the NE corner of the campus. We've stayed at this hotel on most of our visits to Gainesville since 2003.

• Stayed July 2013
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Teresa M,
"Great place to stay when going to UF" - I could not have said it any better. We are glad you found our location to be convenient to UF. We are pleased you found our staff to be wonderful, and the bathroom clean. We are happy you liked the bottled water and welcome letter. We appreciate that you continue to choose us when visiting Gainesville. Your a valued guest and we look forward to welcoming you back.