“Excellent Customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Headed to Gainesville for the football game on October 22, 2012. Tried to book a room on-line and it said no rooms available after it let me purchase room. I called the hotel and Linda was more than helpful in getting us a room at the last minute. Once we arrived the hotel guests were only allowed one parking pass per room and we had two cars. Linda once again went out of her way to allow the room to have two parking passes. I spoke with Linda and thanked her for everything she had done and she made it seem like it was nothing. As small as it was to her everything she did for us that weekend was a huge deal to us and made our stay quite enjoyable. The hotel was clean and the rest of the staff was friendly as well. If you are ever in Gainesville and need a place to stay, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn and see Linda, she will take care of you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much. I will be sure that Linda is recognized for her excellent customer service. As a supervisor Linda does an excellent job modeling the behavior for all staff members. I am so glad you had a great experience from a clean room, friendly staff and great service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The overall hotel was great. I am a Part time MBA student and come up one weekend a month. The service here is absolutely wonderful. Each time I walk in, they are friendly and helpful. Mike, from the front desk, is always especially helpful. On non-gameday weekends the room rates are typical for such a great location. I choose this hotel because it is within walking distance to campus, restaurants, and the stadium.
On gameday weekends, the prices are double. The rooms themselves are severely outdated. They remind of an hotel from the 90's. While the rooms are clean, they definitely are not worth the 200 or more dollars they charge on gamedays.
Overall, the hotel is great. I would recommend it for anyone staying in town and doing anything with the University. Go Gators!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. MBA's are a huge part of our hotel and we welcome each program. I am glad our service met your expectations. That is very important to us. I will be sure to share your review with Mike. Our location is key as you mentioned. You mentioned our rooms being outdated. This year alone we have replaced all in room carpet, added microwave and refrigerators and added flat screen TV's which include Cox cable and HD channels. As far as the rate variance as with most products there is a supply and demand. During peak times we do offer premium rates as well as every hotel in the Gainesville area. There are many choices to stay while in town and every guest has the right to shop around and choose a hotel that fits their needs. Rates are not hidden and are publicly published. We look forward to welcoming you during your classes and understand if you choose not to stay with us during peak times based on your rate concern. In Closing thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Holiday Inn Team are awesome - especially Linda, Derrick, and Joseph who make you feel like a VIP. The hotel is located adjacent to the University of Florida, so you can walk to the game or anywhere on campus. There is a Beef O Brady's in the hotel that offers reasonable dining options and lots of flat screen TVs for sports fans. Rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the rates are good. Great location when visiting UF. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank John F
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much! We are so thankful for your comments. I made sure to pass them along to Linda, Derrick and Joseph. I am very proud of the 3 of them. They have raised the bar for customer service for the hotel. The hotel's location is definitely a plus. Thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I happened to be in Gainsville Florida for on and off for a week and a few days. One of my close friends was having open heart surgery, I had my friends mom who was limited in the English language. The staff there was very professional but not to professional that they did not check up on how we were doing. One of the ladies Linda treated us so well. Was very helpful to me, would check up on me and ask me about my friend. When I was not there she made sure my friends mom got a shuttle ride to the hospital. I have stayed at a few five star hotels in my life and I have not gotten this service at all. Linda is the best just ask for her she will take care of you, actually the whole staff is very kind. Leslie was very nice also as I would walk in to the hotel after coming from the hospital Leslie would offer my a bottle of water. She also gave me a tour in the shuttle of UF while taking me to Shands hospital. I miss the Holiday Inn in gainsville Florida. They are the best.
Thank you for making my stay so comfortable. I will be back :)

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Praka
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. My thoughts of sincere prayers for your close friend. I am excited to share your review with Linda and Leslie and how they made a positive impact on your stay, especially during a stressful and emotional time. I encourage the staff to go the extra mile for all of our guests. Your kind words are a testament to the hard work and dedication of the hotel employees. We look forward to welcoming you back to Gainesville and the Holiday Inn University.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel is big, clean and has a great TV with premium channels. The pool is above average size for a hotel and you can actually do laps without hitting your head every few strokes (salt water, no chlorine). No jacuzzi. The room has a fridge, microwave and coffee maker (no continental breakfast). The staff is very friendly and efficient. Free bakery cookies in the evening! Free USA Today in the morning. The Gator Stadium is right across the street.

Room Tip: Ask if there will be students or folks under 30 next to your room. There were several sharing a room...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jamjarhead
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Big Smile! I am very pleased with your great review. Thank you so much for pointing out some key features of the Holiday Inn University. I hope other potential guests get an opportunity to take away positive insight about the hotel from your review. Again thank you so much. We really appreciate the positive feedback.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed to visit UF and decided to stay in this hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The price was very reasonable ($120 for a king bed room.) The room was very clean and cozy. There was free wireless internet and the location was perfect since it was very close to the campus. I would really recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Liz L
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy you chose to stay with us during your visit to the University of Florida. We appreciate your recommendation. Please let us know next time your in town visiting so we can ensure your experience is another positive one.
Chicago, iL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I recently stayed here while a family member was hospitalized at the nearby Shands. The hotel has been wonderfully rehabbed: updated decor, comfy beds, larger than average flat panel TVs. The customer service was FANTASTIC! Staff was always warm and friendly. We utilized the complimentary shuttle service several times a day to travel to & from the hospital. All of the drivers were courteous and helpful, but Mike in particular was just wonderful. He provided thoughtful conversation, gave great resaurant recommendations, and offered the right amount of kindness and empathy when driving me to the hotel after a long day at the hospital. I was always amazed at how thoughtful he was by asking how my family member was feeling and how I was coping. It is rare to find such humanity in any hotel these days.

There is fresh fruit and great coffee in the lobby each morning and fresh baked cookies in every evening. There's a decent bar & grill on the premises and 2 great restaurants right across the street. The U of F is across the street from the hotel as well. There is a rooftop pool that looked decent, but I did not have the opportunity to test it out. Coin-operated laundry is on the premises as well, which we found useful. There is a dorm-sized fridge and microwave in each room also.

They also offer a discounted rate for family members of Shands patients!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WOW, Thank you so much for your great and detailed review. This review will assist many future guests when deciding on a hotel to stay at. Thank you again. First let me say, we truly help all is well with your family member at Shands. I am glad you found the shuttle to meet your needs. Mike is a new addition to our family at the hotel and I will be sure to share your kind words with him. He fits our culture perfectly. I am glad you found our location versatile based on your needs. And great tip, we do offer discounts to not only Shands Hospital but to other medical facilities in the area as well. Again thank you for your very helpful feedback.