“HOTEL RATE”

Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had a wonderful time at your hotel. everything was exceptionally excellent. It was convenient to food, entertainment and tourist places. I had a quiet peaceful stay. All the staff were cordial and respectful to my needs. Thank you for a great stay and i will return.

1  Thank Tommyjalexander
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback on our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back, and please let us know ahead of time if you need anything.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Good location but the hotel needs some work! My first room had ants all over the window and had to change room. Staff was very friendly.

If it was not for the location, I would stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. I see your a hotel employee. With several Holiday Inn properties in Gainesville, you do have options where you choose to stay. Although we would love to have everyone stay with us; we prefer guest/employee satisfaction first and foremost even if that means that they stay at another property that better fits their needs. As you are aware by communicating your concerns we do everything we can to address those concerns and accommodate the guest right away. I am glad you found our staff friendly. We take pride in our friendliness. The room was inspected concerning the ants, if you would like to discuss it further please contact me directly. - 352-376-1661 or you can email me at gm@theuniversityhotel.com.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Before I booked I called and spoke to Brianna at the Front Desk, she was polite, professional, knowledgeable and patient ( I had serveral questions about booking and called 3 or 4 times before I came) She was so helpful & kind. I was able to use the shuttle to come in from the airport even though my time at the hotel was not on that day but later in my trip. I had an unexpected medical issue and had to change my days around so I could go home early and the Front desk was gracious and flexible. The room I had on the 5th floor was very comfortable and clean- and it was not on the "pool side". I was more than satisfied with my experience. Only downside was the restaurant Beef O Brady's could have been a bit more clean. Though vegetarian meal option was suitable.

Room Tip: SOme of the rooms were more updated in furnishings than others, some of the rooms had a damp musty s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your positive feedback as well as mentioning Brianna. I will be sure to share your feedback with her. Thank you. Guest reviews are valuable when evaluating employees. I am proud of our staff and glad they are taking care of our guests. Humidity in Florida is a natural frustration with older hotels especially during rainy season which in some cases promotes the musty smell. I hope all is well with the unexpected medical situation. The restaurant is separate from the and I will share your comments regarding your feedback. They are under new management and are moving in an upward direction. Again thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I travel to Gainesville regularly for business. I was lucky enough to find this gem in an incredible location. The staff is exceptionally professional and courteous. The hotel is obviously a little older but the amenities are still very nice. It is a nice change to walk into the lobby and be greeted with warm smiles and genuine kindness. I have had the opportunity to eat in the Beef O' Brady's adjacent to the hotel and I was impressed with the service and quality of the food and will be going back on my next visit. The staff was very friendly and I appreciated the value.

I will be staying there every time I travel to Gainesville for the foreseeable future and appreciating every second of it.

1  Thank Jessika L
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us on a regular basis. I love the word "gem" in an incredible location. Apparently we are becoming know for our customer service. That pleases me to no end. Yes our hotel is older as we are part of "Gainesville Heritage" as one of the original hotels in the area. I will share your comments about Beef O' Brady's with their management team. We so look forward to welcoming you back and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

The room was recently remodeled and the staff (especially stephanie) went out of there way to accomodate us. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to downtown, campus, or a short drive to the mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank redfish n
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

We appreciate your feedback! Our hard work is showing. We are slowly overcoming some tough obstacles that the hotel has faced and the entire staff is pumped up and it shows in their service! Location cannot be beat as you stated.I will share your comments with Stephanie as she is a valued team member. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently for work. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean and the beds are very comfortable!!! If your in the Gainesville area I highly recommend a stay here. Linda, Gram and everyone will treat you like family

1  Thank dawn0419
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Great Review! Thank you so much. I am so happy to share your great comments with Linda and Gram. I am so proud of all our team members! I am pleased you found your room clean and the beds comfortable. We look forward to your return. Great Pictures! Thanks again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed at this location at least a half dozen times in the past year. Hotel rooms have been clean and the staff very helpful. The only drawback is your breakfast choice. Not a big fan of Beef O Bradys for breakfast. .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience. I am proud of the consistency that our staff portrays when assisting guests on a day to day basis. We are working very hard to spend more time in the guest rooms to ensure cleanliness. I am glad you noticed. I apologize that Beef O'Brady's did not meet your breakfast needs. I will share your feedback with their management team. As always there are many local options within a block of the hotel. During your next visit, please check with the front desk for breakfast options. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.