Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center
  • Breakfast included
ABC Motel(Gainesville)
Value Lodge(Gainesville)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop poolbreakfast hostessfree shuttle servicelocation is greatroom was cleanthird floorfront desk staffbagelsfootball gamepleasant stayfresh fruitupon checkuniversitymichelegramlobbystadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently for work. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean and the beds are very comfortable!!! If your in the Gainesville area I highly recommend a stay here. Linda, Gram and everyone will treat you like family

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dawn0419
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Great Review! Thank you so much. I am so happy to share your great comments with Linda and Gram. I am so proud of all our team members! I am pleased you found your room clean and the beds comfortable. We look forward to your return. Great Pictures! Thanks again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed at this location at least a half dozen times in the past year. Hotel rooms have been clean and the staff very helpful. The only drawback is your breakfast choice. Not a big fan of Beef O Bradys for breakfast. .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience. I am proud of the consistency that our staff portrays when assisting guests on a day to day basis. We are working very hard to spend more time in the guest rooms to ensure cleanliness. I am glad you noticed. I apologize that Beef O'Brady's did not meet your breakfast needs. I will share your feedback with their management team. As always there are many local options within a block of the hotel. During your next visit, please check with the front desk for breakfast options. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

As the host hotel for the guest faculty of our international conference, the Holiday Inn University Center was an excellent choice. The staff was exceptionally helpful in making our guests, both American and Chinese, feel welcome. I am especially grateful to Linda Bantle, who made several special accommodations in the interest of our guests' convenience and comfort. We will definitely use the Holiday Inn University Center again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin O
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay with the Holiday Inn University in Gainesville, Florida. I am extremely happy you found our staff helpful and made your International guests feel welcome. I am glad Linda made a positive impact on you during your stay. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with her. Our hard work to provide excellent customer service is paying off. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests back.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying here twice thus far and plan to come back. We find the staff very competent, friendly and helpful. They all go out of their way to present a very welcoming venue for the hotel. Their training and leadership is exemplary. The services provided from the front desk, shuttle van, housekeeping, maintenance, etc. are always swift and efficient, not to mention executed with confidence and kindness. We will be back.

Room Tip: If you are in Gainesville for the medical services, this hotel will only provide to make you more at ease with the services it offers.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

With many choices in Gainesville to stay, we are happy that you choose to stay with us. We are striving to provide a customer focused culture within the hotel. Service for our guests is our number one priority. The kind words you gave are a tribute to the hard work of the hotel staff. I am excited to share with them your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

At first I was not too sure about staying at the Holiday Inn in Gainesville it seemed pretty old. I got locked out my room by a faulty lock, the sink kept stopping up but other than that a pretty good stay. Kirsten helped me to get the door unlocked so that I could get in and was very pleasant along the way even though I was upset about being locked out and I was soaked and wet. I checked out and went home to find that I left my Kindle Fire in the hotel room. I called the hotel and Gabby was eager to get it shipped to me. Other than being locked out, I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Gainesville.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the lock issues you had. I am happy to hear that Kirsten and Gabby were there to take care of you. I will ensure that I share this positive feedback with them both. Our #1 Goal is to provide excellent customer service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.