“Wonderful stays”

Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently for work. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean and the beds are very comfortable!!! If your in the Gainesville area I highly recommend a stay here. Linda, Gram and everyone will treat you like family

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dawn0419
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Great Review! Thank you so much. I am so happy to share your great comments with Linda and Gram. I am so proud of all our team members! I am pleased you found your room clean and the beds comfortable. We look forward to your return. Great Pictures! Thanks again.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed at this location at least a half dozen times in the past year. Hotel rooms have been clean and the staff very helpful. The only drawback is your breakfast choice. Not a big fan of Beef O Bradys for breakfast. .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience. I am proud of the consistency that our staff portrays when assisting guests on a day to day basis. We are working very hard to spend more time in the guest rooms to ensure cleanliness. I am glad you noticed. I apologize that Beef O'Brady's did not meet your breakfast needs. I will share your feedback with their management team. As always there are many local options within a block of the hotel. During your next visit, please check with the front desk for breakfast options. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

As the host hotel for the guest faculty of our international conference, the Holiday Inn University Center was an excellent choice. The staff was exceptionally helpful in making our guests, both American and Chinese, feel welcome. I am especially grateful to Linda Bantle, who made several special accommodations in the interest of our guests' convenience and comfort. We will definitely use the Holiday Inn University Center again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin O
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your stay with the Holiday Inn University in Gainesville, Florida. I am extremely happy you found our staff helpful and made your International guests feel welcome. I am glad Linda made a positive impact on you during your stay. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with her. Our hard work to provide excellent customer service is paying off. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests back.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying here twice thus far and plan to come back. We find the staff very competent, friendly and helpful. They all go out of their way to present a very welcoming venue for the hotel. Their training and leadership is exemplary. The services provided from the front desk, shuttle van, housekeeping, maintenance, etc. are always swift and efficient, not to mention executed with confidence and kindness. We will be back.

Room Tip: If you are in Gainesville for the medical services, this hotel will only provide to make you more at...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

With many choices in Gainesville to stay, we are happy that you choose to stay with us. We are striving to provide a customer focused culture within the hotel. Service for our guests is our number one priority. The kind words you gave are a tribute to the hard work of the hotel staff. I am excited to share with them your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

At first I was not too sure about staying at the Holiday Inn in Gainesville it seemed pretty old. I got locked out my room by a faulty lock, the sink kept stopping up but other than that a pretty good stay. Kirsten helped me to get the door unlocked so that I could get in and was very pleasant along the way even though I was upset about being locked out and I was soaked and wet. I checked out and went home to find that I left my Kindle Fire in the hotel room. I called the hotel and Gabby was eager to get it shipped to me. Other than being locked out, I really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Gainesville.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the lock issues you had. I am happy to hear that Kirsten and Gabby were there to take care of you. I will ensure that I share this positive feedback with them both. Our #1 Goal is to provide excellent customer service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip, this hotel is in a great location. However I am not a fan of Beef O ‘Brady’s and that is the food choice attached to the hotel. Having said that there are many restaurants within walking distance. Price was OK but the internet was terrible, couldn't connect at all in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad our location was convenient for you during your stay. I apologize for the internet, as I am not sure as to the details of the incident. All routers are new, and new cabling has been ran. Did you report it to the front desk? Usually they are able to pin point the area of concern and reset a router if needed and or contact support for a guest for convenience. I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope we have an opportunity to have you stay with us in the future. Please contact me ahead of time and I will ensure your room is tested prior to arrival for internet service. Kimberly Cason, gm@theuniversityhotel.com or (352) 376-1661. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I travel weekly for work and Gainesville is a new market for me. I have tryed to stay loyal to IHG for years because priority club rewards beats all the others. I dont mind paying my corp rate a night but at least be consistant with your brand, I am not just paying for location but room stay too. For what I paid at this location I could have gotten the following at another full service hotel down the road, I do shop around. A nice lounge with an atmosphere that is inviting and enjoyable and that has a little more class, were is the carpet in the restaurant? By the way it smells like sewage in Beefs and the floors are sticky. I understand they are there own company, the waitress told me that but most national chains have some type of professional uniform too. 2nd, the room is great and works well for me although the furniture needs to be updated. Most of the Holiday Inn or Express propertys have nice NEW fixtures ect..The mattress was great and the linens were just like all the other Holiday Inns I stay at, I sleep very well on them. The carpet was not clean and looked old as did the hallways. It's 2012 not 1990 folks. I had a letter in my room with a bottle water when I checked in, really is that all you can offer for the rate. Gabie was great at check in and knows her stuff! She told me about great local places to eat at and to get drinks since Beefs was not cutting it for me. The guy at the desk with her Joe was really loud and I almost could not here what Gabie was saying. Other then that your customer service is great ! The lobby was nice and updated but the walls are empty and decor is plain. Looks like you tryed to update a little. There is a bar in the lobby which would have been nice to sit at rather then next door. My housekeeper was GREAT by the way. Bathroom is small to say the least but most are everywhere I go. Coffee maker was a little confusing but figured it out. Don't care that it sits in the bathrooms but some hotels do that and some dont. My room was clean and thats a big deal. If my room looks and smells clean then I am happy and can overlook the small stuff. I will be returning again soon since my company uses your brand. Keep in mind though I love to comment on my stays because that is what my job requires me to do. Not hotel spacific but in general. It helps others get a prospective of what they are getting for there money. Great Job Holiday Inn Gainesville Fl see you on my next visit !

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor facing the University of Florida !
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David B
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

We are glad that Gainesville is a new market for you through your company and look forward to welcoming you back. We appreciate your Loyalty to IHG and as a Priority Club Member. I appreciate your feedback as this helps us directly address our guests concerns that are of course within our control. I will pass your restaurant concerns to the restaurant Manager. We are working on updating our carpets and furniture this summer. We hope you will be pleased with the upcoming changes. Thank you for recognizing our guest service agent Gabie, I will be sure to recognize her for taking care of you. I will also recognize our housekeeper and housekeeping department for taking care of your needs as well. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments so that our guests have helpful reviews when making decisions on where to stay in Gainesville, Florida.