“desk help terrible”

Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
new york
“desk help terrible”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

first night I stayed here was quite pleasant, Rooms clean, smelled nice. Second night I actually left at eleven pm and slept in my car. Desk attendant was of no help as dogs left alone in rooms near me barked growled and scratched on there door entire evening and was told by the desk clerk to just live with it as he chowed down another slice of pizza . He said it was normal there. Had a few choice words and left Shame that the help could be so rude as this could be a real nice place to stay

Room Tip: sleep inn next door is a little more money but well worth it. Don't think I would take a chance...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I am shocked to hear that your stay was unpleasant! I will be speaking with our staff regarding your issues. This is not "normal here". I hope you will give us another opportunity to make you feel at home with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was hesitant to book this Motel after reading other reviews, I stepped out of my box and did it anyway. It is clean and noticed no smoke odor (as stated by other reviewers). Price was excellent, free breakfast was good, and the warm cookies at the front desk made it all OK.
During my stay I was in 3 different rooms (because my wife had surgery at Shands and her release date keep changing) and everyone was nicely cleaned, with no smoke odors. Best part was they honored my on line pricing the whole time. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Non-Smoking
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
We are happy you decided to give us a try. Im glad to see you were pleasantly suprised. We do our best to accomodate all of our guests needs and create a comfortable atmosphere. We hope we will see you on your next visit to Gainesville.
Deltona
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel was reasonably basic yet very clean and comfortable. Construction made wall-wall and floor-floor noise a bit loud.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Gainesville.
Sarasota
Reviewed January 28, 2014

in an ara known to set very high prices its a 60$ room..and ur not going to get The Ritz for 60..only complaints were tv was not good...and bed not the best..but again i say..its a cheap room...and it worked

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to make you feel like you are home. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Gainesville.