Super 8 by Wyndham Gainesville
$91
Country Inn
$100
ComfortInn
Sleep Inn & Suites University/Shands(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$90
$85
$114
$99
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
$139
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$108
Best Western Gateway Grand(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$96
$84
All reviewsroom was cleanlaminate floorscontinental breakfastwill stay there againone night staybagelscookiessuper8kimhospitalexitgainsvillearchersurgeryhighway
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I booked this hotel via Wyndham on-line. It looked too good to be true with a fridge, microwave, wifi, free breakfast, all for a great price. Plus it had a 3.5 star rating here at TripAdvisor. On arriving, I was told that my room was on the 3rd floor and there was no elevator. If I wanted the 1st floor, it would cost more money. Once in my "no smoking" room I found that it smelled of smoke. Guess what, the smoking and non-smoking rooms were intermixed all the way down the hall, so the smell of smoke was everywhere. Turning on the a/c full blast helped some. That night I woke up after about 1.5 hours with a bad back ache. It turned out that the mattresses on both double beds were in really bad shape and should have been replaced long ago. Finally, down to breakfast in the morning. It was very limited with only a waffle maker to make it "special".

I usually don't mind going with a budget hotel, but this one is really bad. I won't be coming back here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jec22
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. All of our rooms have recently been updated. We do our best to accomodate as many people as possible with our different room types.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My room smelled horrible and the screen was ripped in half for the window allowing bugs in if I decided to open my window. The place was noisy and when I inititally checked in there was garbage everywhere and stains and bed sheets unmade even though the lady at check in said it was made. That really turned me off that they arent on point. Definitely never returning or recommending anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay here. I was surprised to read your review. As a Super 8 Pride property we do our best to be above brand standards. I will certainly speak with the staff regarding your concerns.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Reviewed January 14, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night on our way to Naples. Brandon (at the front desk) was extremely nice and helpful! We were glad to find a nice price for the night. The room was clean, beds were comfy, and the bathroom was small, but clean. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning, especially the waffles, and if we are in Gainesville again, we would definitely consider this super 8. Good experience overall!

• Stayed: January 2013
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Im glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! As a Super 8 Pride Property we take great pride our customer service! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to gainesville