“Nice but needs some tweeking”

Super 8 Gainesville
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was referred to this hotel by a family member. I actually got more than what I had anticipated. The outside was well landscaped - however, really no easy access to the rooms or luggage carts however, the young lady at the desk offered to help. We had a really nice room, the bed were rather comfortable and nicely decorated. In the morning we went down to have breakfast & were greeted by an older woman who constantly referred to everyone she spoke to including myself as "hon". Not too professional in my book. When I approached the desk I asked for some additional towels - her reply to me was "10-4 hon" - okay seriously, I really started to think maybe I was in a truck stop & not a hotel. Other than that my stay was a nice one, the breakfast, although lacking in protein and maybe something other than your normal fare was decent enough. Quiet and overall good service and a great price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
super8gainesville, Owner at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank You so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. You will be happy to hear that we are reviewing our breakast strategy to come up with something more appealing to our guests. I also have marked your other concerns to take to my team and try to come up way to make our guest experience more satisfactory. Thanks for letting me know about your stay...thats the only way I know what I need to fix and what we are doing right. Your concerns are valueable to me. I am glad you were happy with your overall stay. Thanks for stopping in and come back and see us!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I travel for my construction job about 25 days a month. The Super 8 here in gainesville, FL, is one of the things that make it more tolerable. Nice rooms, reasonable rates, and courteous service. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for choosing the Super 8 during your stay! I am glad you had a good experience and I hope you come back and see us !!!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

I traveled to gainesville for business and was looking for reasonable lodging. I searched online and concluded with the Super 8 of gainesville over other competitors. Upon arrival, I was surprised with the immediate hospitality at check in, clean rooms and the thorough complimentary breakfast in the morning. Definitely a great hotel and expectations were well exceeded.

Room Tip: Make timely reservations!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for staying with us. I am happy that you had a pleasant stay. Come back and see us.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

This hotel was perfect for my recent business visit to Gainesville, FL. The room rate was great for what I was paying for. The room was clean, the furniture was confortable, and a request for housekeeping was answered almost immediately. The breakfast was good with a variety of food and beverage choices. The comfort and helpful staff have made my experience here wonderful, and I will highly recommend it for a nice and affordable stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

It is always nice to hear from guests who enjoy their stay. Thank you for taking time to let us know how we did. Make sure you come back and see us. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The convenient location, complimentary breakfast, clean rooms, comfortable bedding made our stay at your hotel very enjoyable!! The pool was an added bonus for my family to jump in!! Would highly recommend this hotel for your next visit to Gainesville or the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra R
super8gainesville, Owner at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

It is always nice to hear about great experiences. We work hard to make our guests happy. Your review helps us know what we are doing good, and what to spend more time perfecting. We appreciate all the input we can get and happy that you had a great stay! Come back and see us!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I had made reservations for a room in May and received a confirmation email from the hotel. Upon arriving, the hotel was called to verify check-in time. The hotel staff, including the manager, were extremely rude. They told my sister that they were cancelling our reservations and proceeded to hang up on her! Very poor customer service! I will never do business with this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ju3338Dig
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

I understand your concern. It's unfortunate that your sister chose to cancel the room because the room types available to her was not what she wanted, but I will make note to management about increasing the types your sister wanted so we may have more availability. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will also contact AARP to let them know your concerns since you booked the room through them. We hope in the future we are able to satisfy you with the room type you need and address any other concerns you may have had. Thank You and Hope to See You.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I travel to Florida every spring for spring training. We have made it our habit to stop at the Super 8 in Gainesville because we can count on getting a good room at a great rate. Since we're only stopping to get a night's sleep, we don't want or need to pay for a 4* hotel with a ton of amenities; all we need is a clean, quiet room at a good price. And that's what we get at the Super 8 in Gainesville.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
super8gainesville, Front Desk Clerk at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

We are really happy to hear your stay was pleasant. All of us here at Super 8 would like to thank you for visiting us and look forward to seeing you soon. Have a Super Day!