“Great for pulling your car right up to your room”

La Quinta Inn Gainesville
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I was traveling all over the state and stayed in 4 hotels in 5 nights. This hotel was perfect for someone like me who is living out of their suitcase. I was very comfortable in my room. My only knocks were the 27"-32" Tube TV, the broken window (wouldn't move up or down) and that my room reeked of comet or something like that. Aftter I started to taste it, I asked the front desk to bring some sort of deodorizer.

The front desk was extremely helpful on notifying me that my package was delivered. The wifi was speedy and I had no complaints on the free breakfast.

You need to go to Mr. Han's Chinese restaurant next door!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank stevenwsmithii

Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed at this La Quinta for 5 days with my husband while visiting our children in Gainesville. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very clean, as well as the pool. The complimentary breakfast is great! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Great layout puts pool noise away from guest room doors and windows. The room was quiet even when the pool was rollicking. The room featured a refrigerator and microwave and was very inexpensive, considering the size of it, our location in Gainesville, and the included waffle breakfast. The neighborhood seemed clean and safe, and the location was convenient to shopping and several dining choices as well as The Oaks Mall. The staff was attentive, but non-intrusive. I was with a large group (the Gatorbears) who returned from an overcrowded dinner after the official closing time for the pool, and the front desk delayed locking the gates to indulge us with a cool after-hours swim before bed. Assuming I can stay for the same price again, this would officially be my favorite Gainesville hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My stay was entirely booked through Priceline to visit family in Ocala. Arrival 04JUL10, Departure 07JUL10. During my stay I booked another room for my brother and his daughter who were visiting me. I paid for their room directly through La Quinta. The La Quinta rate vs Priceline was not much of a savings. If you have a La Quinta rewards # your best bet is to book entirely through La Quinta. I've learned Priceline is not always the bargain they claim to be.

The hotel is close to everything and was remarkable that you could not hear the noise from hwy 75. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable and the room was spotless and the AC was frigid, just the way I like it. The office staff was friendly and helpful. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The rooms were clean and the beds are comfortable. Compared to the La Quinta I stayed in the previous night, this is not up to La Quinta standards. It is an older, and I'm sure a remodeled property. The water pressure for the shower was not much more than a trickle, although lots of water from the tub faucet. If this is done to save water, it is not being accomplished as we had to take longer showers due to the low water pressure. Also, the water would change from warm to cold when other water was used close by. The wi-fi was also weak. when I asked at the front desk, I was told that was normal. I have not had any problem with wifi at other La Quintas. The breakfast was the most frustrating. It is served only until 9:00am, at a motel in Florida with people on vacation. And I think just about everyone in the motel descended upon the breakfast room at 8:45am. The waffle machine was slow - the waffles stuck to the griddle and the only thing suggested by the front desk was a wet rag. They said they were told by the manufacturer to not spray oil when the unit was hot, and with 5 and 10 people standing in line, it stayed hot. And the waffle mix dispenser constantly clogged up, but with no staff there to watch, that made getting a waffle a long procedure. At least they did not close down the breakfast room at 9AM when so many people were still waiting to eat. On Saturday morning, there was a man who tried to keep things better supplied and the line moving a little faster. We were there three mornings and there was no one to help the other two.
I happened to luck into a very good room rate, and was not rushed in the morning, so we were not too bothered by the lack of interest from the staff, especially compared to my first night stay at a La Quinta in another city. But if I had paid their normal rates, I would have felt more negative. And by the way, I got that same good rate at the earlier La Quinta. I would recommend this property to someone who understands the possibility of the lack of service. Maid service was very competent, so room was kept clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2010

My wife, 2 young children and I stayed at the La Quinta during the Orange and Blue spring game. The room was nice and big..queen bed with a pull out couch (I think it was room 206). I noticed most of the rooms faced the parking lot, but ours did not and was very quiet. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We have stayed in much more expensive hotels that were smaller and dated. The breakfast was not so good. The kids liked the pool..which was heated so we Miamians could tolerate the cold. This is by no means the Ritz, so my rating is on a curve due to the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed 3 nights at this LaQuinta which is just off I-75. We requested a quiet room facing away from the interstate and got a good room on the 4th floor away from road noise. The beds were excellent and there were 3 pillows per bed. The room was very clean and had only a coffee maker. The rooms at this place could use microwaves and refrigerators in each room to provide more convenience. Breakfast was adequate although not special--except for making your own waffles, there is nothing hot. There were bagels (only one kind--plain and boring) and bread for toast; 2 kinds of cold cereal, fruit, yogurt,, hard boiled eggs and packaged muffins. Senior rate was about $50 per night for 2 persons, very reasonable. The motel is off Newberry Road, which is 5 miles from the university, a direct drive east into the downtown. Overall, not a bad stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple