“Good for what you pay for!”

La Quinta Inn Gainesville
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This place is great if you are just passing through! It is of course not the Ritz, but our room was clean and I love La Quinta's pet policy.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed at La Quinta for 3 nights the first week in Oct and it was great. Check in was quick and simple and the front desk lady even offered to put us all close by. There were a few of us in town for a wedding. Breakfast was delicious and early which we really liked. Our room was prefect. A King bed on the first floor. I think it was 118. Very clean and spacious. Housekeeping was great cleaning out room and always leaving plenty of towels and soap. My only concern would be that the towels were really old. One of our hand towels was shredded and had a big hole in it. They should probably update those, but besides that everything was great. Also the pool was perfect for an afternoon dip.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2009

There was no internet. Front desk was asked and they gave a service number to call. After changing a bunch of settings on my computer the service guy concluded that the fault was my computer.

Rooms were satisfactory. Stay was good just uproductive in the internet area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I live in Key West and have been in the hotel industry for 7 years. I'm the first to admit I can be overly critical of hotel stays as I do this for a living and I'm trained to notice the things that are wrong so they can be fixed. During a recent trip home a friend and I stayed at the La Quinta and I was thoroughly impressed! Not only was the room nicely appointed and very clean and fresh- the staff was stellar! Kerry, their overnight desk agent, has a winning 'how can I help' attitude that is hard to find in an audit shift. Any interaction with the desk staff or housekeeping was pleasant, efficient and positive. The days we stayed, they were busy in the morning but breakfast was kept neat and filled, which first hand I know can be a challenge. The property is conveniently located and nicely kept. I'd recommend staying here to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed at the LQ for daughter's college graduation. Booked 2 rooms ourselves through LQ internet site, AAA rate was a very reasonable $53 plus tax. Requested 1st floor since we had an 80 y/o grandma with us. Upon check in I reminded the clerk of our 1st floor request and also asked if 1 room could have a walk in shower. No problem even on this busy graduation weekend. The rooms didn't connect, but, were side by side. Other relatives also booked and when they arrived asked if they could be placed near us. They were given the room directly above ours with easy access to the stairs connecting our rooms.

All 3 rooms were relatively clean, spacious, and had free Wi-Fi. One room did smell of a pet disinfectant, but, it wasn't bothersome once the a/c was turned on. The beds were comfy.

A basic free expanded continental breakfast was offered from 7-10am, but, we chose to sleep in instead of eat. The pool was clean and nice.

We didn't use housekeeping, but, talked to our maid who was very pleasant. She exchanged our towels, emptied our trash, and replenished soap/shampoo for us.

Location was great convenient to 75 and right off the main drag Newberry Rd/University Dr, but, really quite and convenient to a few restaurants to walk to. The Mall is directly across main drag. A hospital is extremely close and park is also within walking distance.

Over the last 4 years we have stayed at various hotels in Gainesville. This was our 1st time at the LQ and we would recommend it if you need a safe and affordable place to stay for a few days. There are definitely better and worse lodging choices in town to choose from, but, LQ provided everything we needed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2009

We got a room here through Hotwire. We were traveling to Gainesville for medical reasons, so we weren't expecting high-class accommodations, but for the nearly $100/night (including tax, etc) rate through Hotwire, we expected more from a property rated at 2.5 stars. Frankly, I'd have been disappointed at half that price.

The front desk staff was courteous but incredibly slow at check-in. We were checking in around 4 PM, and we requested a ground-floor room (due to the medical reasons mentioned earlier). I was told that they only had rooms on the 4th floor, but they would put us close to the elevator. OK, fine.

We get up to the 4th floor and, after negotiating the ramp between the building with the elevator and the building with our room in it (scary if you've seen the condition of the structural steel holding the stuff together), we open the door to our room and we were nearly knocked backwards over the railing by the strong stench of cigarette smoke. Because I am terribly allergic to cigarette smoke and have allergic asthma, I called the front desk to explain and ask for a room change. I was told that they couldn't move me because they were "fully booked". I found this very interesting since we were only there for one night and the parking wasn't even CLOSE to being full (it wasn't full when we left, either). They sent a guy by to squirt deodorizer on the carpet which did nothing to stop my headache or my asthma.

The room was not clean. There was a hair hanging from the remote, which was carefully placed on top of the comment card - there was more hair, dirt, and other nastiness in the carpet and on the bathroom tile floor. The shower was moldy and stayed warm and muggy, even before we took showers.

I started itching all over shortly after sitting down on the bed and it didn't subside until I got up the next morning, after a lousy night's sleep.

The only toiletries provided were shampoo and soap. I bring my own, but thought that was a bit less than I'm used to seeing other places.

The "wireless high internet" advertised on the room map couldn't be connected to by either of our computers and the front desk was of no help. Luckily, we both know how to tether to our phones so we could make reservations elsewhere for the next night, since our need to be in Gainesville was unexpectedly extended.

The cockroach in the elevator and the rat under the vending machine were night touches, completely in line with the rest of my experience.

I was disappointed and disgusted.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OnTheGoGirl_FL
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I have stayed at this La Quinta several times and feel it is a good value for the money.

Property and rooms are clean and the beds comfortable.

It is located right off I75 and it is close to restaurants and a shopping mall.

Staff was friendly and the breakfast was simple but good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo