“Setting the Standard for Customer Service!”

La Quinta Inn Gainesville
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
key west, fl
“Setting the Standard for Customer Service!”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I live in Key West and have been in the hotel industry for 7 years. I'm the first to admit I can be overly critical of hotel stays as I do this for a living and I'm trained to notice the things that are wrong so they can be fixed. During a recent trip home a friend and I stayed at the La Quinta and I was thoroughly impressed! Not only was the room nicely appointed and very clean and fresh- the staff was stellar! Kerry, their overnight desk agent, has a winning 'how can I help' attitude that is hard to find in an audit shift. Any interaction with the desk staff or housekeeping was pleasant, efficient and positive. The days we stayed, they were busy in the morning but breakfast was kept neat and filled, which first hand I know can be a challenge. The property is conveniently located and nicely kept. I'd recommend staying here to anyone!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed at the LQ for daughter's college graduation. Booked 2 rooms ourselves through LQ internet site, AAA rate was a very reasonable $53 plus tax. Requested 1st floor since we had an 80 y/o grandma with us. Upon check in I reminded the clerk of our 1st floor request and also asked if 1 room could have a walk in shower. No problem even on this busy graduation weekend. The rooms didn't connect, but, were side by side. Other relatives also booked and when they arrived asked if they could be placed near us. They were given the room directly above ours with easy access to the stairs connecting our rooms.

All 3 rooms were relatively clean, spacious, and had free Wi-Fi. One room did smell of a pet disinfectant, but, it wasn't bothersome once the a/c was turned on. The beds were comfy.

A basic free expanded continental breakfast was offered from 7-10am, but, we chose to sleep in instead of eat. The pool was clean and nice.

We didn't use housekeeping, but, talked to our maid who was very pleasant. She exchanged our towels, emptied our trash, and replenished soap/shampoo for us.

Location was great convenient to 75 and right off the main drag Newberry Rd/University Dr, but, really quite and convenient to a few restaurants to walk to. The Mall is directly across main drag. A hospital is extremely close and park is also within walking distance.

Over the last 4 years we have stayed at various hotels in Gainesville. This was our 1st time at the LQ and we would recommend it if you need a safe and affordable place to stay for a few days. There are definitely better and worse lodging choices in town to choose from, but, LQ provided everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 26, 2009

We got a room here through Hotwire. We were traveling to Gainesville for medical reasons, so we weren't expecting high-class accommodations, but for the nearly $100/night (including tax, etc) rate through Hotwire, we expected more from a property rated at 2.5 stars. Frankly, I'd have been disappointed at half that price.

The front desk staff was courteous but incredibly slow at check-in. We were checking in around 4 PM, and we requested a ground-floor room (due to the medical reasons mentioned earlier). I was told that they only had rooms on the 4th floor, but they would put us close to the elevator. OK, fine.

We get up to the 4th floor and, after negotiating the ramp between the building with the elevator and the building with our room in it (scary if you've seen the condition of the structural steel holding the stuff together), we open the door to our room and we were nearly knocked backwards over the railing by the strong stench of cigarette smoke. Because I am terribly allergic to cigarette smoke and have allergic asthma, I called the front desk to explain and ask for a room change. I was told that they couldn't move me because they were "fully booked". I found this very interesting since we were only there for one night and the parking wasn't even CLOSE to being full (it wasn't full when we left, either). They sent a guy by to squirt deodorizer on the carpet which did nothing to stop my headache or my asthma.

The room was not clean. There was a hair hanging from the remote, which was carefully placed on top of the comment card - there was more hair, dirt, and other nastiness in the carpet and on the bathroom tile floor. The shower was moldy and stayed warm and muggy, even before we took showers.

I started itching all over shortly after sitting down on the bed and it didn't subside until I got up the next morning, after a lousy night's sleep.

The only toiletries provided were shampoo and soap. I bring my own, but thought that was a bit less than I'm used to seeing other places.

The "wireless high internet" advertised on the room map couldn't be connected to by either of our computers and the front desk was of no help. Luckily, we both know how to tether to our phones so we could make reservations elsewhere for the next night, since our need to be in Gainesville was unexpectedly extended.

The cockroach in the elevator and the rat under the vending machine were night touches, completely in line with the rest of my experience.

I was disappointed and disgusted.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OnTheGoGirl_FL

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

nwlou
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I have stayed at this La Quinta several times and feel it is a good value for the money.

Property and rooms are clean and the beds comfortable.

It is located right off I75 and it is close to restaurants and a shopping mall.

Staff was friendly and the breakfast was simple but good.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We were in town to take a tour of UF with our daughter and our other children. We originally asked for a connecting room since there are six of us. In our room, there were hairs on the toilet, used toilet paper pieces and remnants on the carpet and a cigarette stench in the soap. There was the smell of mildew in our room. They did switch our room to a non-connecting room. The second set of rooms they switched us to were not made up. The third rooms still had hairs in the bathtub, but no stench or as much garbage on the floor.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MamaRugRat
fl
Reviewed March 29, 2009

i stayed at this laquinta gainesville fl. my husband was transfered from putnam
medical to north fl regional hospital. stayed for 2 nights march 25&26 2009
got there to the motel. late wed night from hospital did not want to drive
back. so late at night. went to the front desk. told the night clerk that i needed
a room for 2 nights. . told her that my husband was in north fl hospital
down thw street. gave me a rate of 54.00 + tax .. for people who has someone in the hospital. thought that was swell. got room 326. went around to the room and the green
light would not come on with the key cards. went back to the lobby. she gave me
328. was very nice was so tired. made me feel ok after that.
2 double beds in room. very basic. had a place for computer .did not use myself
tv was good. just basic channels. coffee maker. hair dryer . NO MICRO/FRIGS
IN ROOM. COFFEE & micro in lobby. did not get any of that
good hot shower. telephone in room. desk and chairs. basic furniture
counter space was adequet. ate a basic breakfast ... they had cereal.toast;bagels
orange juice. boiled eggs .milk and yogurt in small frig. fix waffles. .
north fl regional hospital and doctors offices for them are right down the sreet.
lq next to i75. restaurants red lobster . next door. chinese and japanese restaurant.
in vicinity. oaks mall is turn left at light and on your right. gas stationsand convenience. for people
this was a very good stay for me. sister came for 2 stays as comfort as husband
was in north fl. i may not shown alot of appreciation at the time.thanks
to the clerks who made my stay there good.
north fl saved my husbands life thanks north fl regional. and putnam community..
to sum it up. this is a very basic motel. if you are looking for skies the limit
go somewhere else. i would stay again....
if you have stay and have family yt north fl and the the hours are late. i would
recommend a pizza . did not do it myself.... thanks carolyn deel
palatka fl
parking is free. not to far of a walk to room..

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Paris, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We have stayed at this LaQuinta a few times. The location is easy access to I-75. Shopping and restaurants are close by. This is an older property with parking by the door, a feature that we like. The room is fairly good sized with a desk, desk chair, side chair, and recliner. With all the furniture there is still a decent amount of floor space. This room, (king, standard), did not include a fridge and micro wave. The room was clean and smelled nice upon arrival. We are partial to LaQuinta since they allow our dog to stay with us in the room with out an extra fee.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business