“I had a very pleasant stay. The area was very quiet and...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville

Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Turkish first
Weston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Location was great...close to shops and restaurants....
the only thing I had a little problem was the room had a musty/ old smell
Comp breakfast was good....had eggs and bacon, not your usual bagel and cereal.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ryan A, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you feel and how your visit with us was. We are so glad that you enjoyed everything and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Rooms are too small. No blankets for the bed. A/C was not accurate having to set the thermostat at 64 deg to get it down to 72 deg. Beds made where could not pull sheets up to cover boddy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We really appreciate that you took the time to tell us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you found the room clean and inviting. We do understand that some rooms are a little small due to our lack of land space we can use but we try our best to provide you with everything you need when you stay with us.

Please call us at (352)332-8292 to create your next reservation with us.

Holt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice place to stay and very friendly staff. Rooms were very pleasant. we like to stay in Baymonts when possible

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

The team at the Baymont Inn & Suites would like to thank you for your wonderful comments! We have been working hard to ensure that our service and rooms are exceptional. Comments such as yours are rewarding.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Frankfort, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I actually found this hotel through Trip Advisor... got a great AAA rate of $50/night by booking more than a week in advance. Staff was very friendly and helpful with my many questions about the local area. Room was extremely clean, I am really nit-picking here but the only areas of concern were some dust on the alarm clock and lamps. Carpet had a few stains and was threadbare where it met the bathroom tile but it was otherwise clean...room had a great lemon scent to it. Otherwise fantastic room and even included a dehumidifier unit. Nice cold A/C which is always a good thing in Florida. Room had a refrigerator but no microwave which was disappointing but not a huge deal to me (some travellers would probably want a microwave to go with the fridge I am sure). Despite being next to I-75, the hotel is hard to find required several turns off the exit to get to it, my GPS did not find the exact location. There are no restaurants within walking distance but several just a couple minutes driving time away plus gas stations, a Publix, Kmart and a 24-hour Walgreens. I was a bit worried about the noise level due to the interstate right across the road but the room was actually very quiet. King-size bed was very comfortable not too firm not too soft, just right. Bathtub drain was a bit slow but not so bad I would call it in. The decor is modern and pleasant, the metal stairs outside are a bit rusty need a wire brush and a coat of paint but now I'm really nit-picking and trust me that won't bother most guests. The hotel does not have an elevator so if you need handicapped access you must request a first-floor room. I did not use the pool or workout room, but the pool looked nice and well-kept. The breakfast was free but not a lot of variety or quantity, the second day I got downstairs and all the food was gone by 7:45am... also no milk just juice and coffee. Eggs and corned beef hash were alright but not great. They were also out of newspapers too but I'd much rather have a local Gainesville Sun paper than USA Today. There is only one internet terminal in the lobby so I had to wait my turn, and it allows only 20 minutes at a time but the internet was reasonably fast. I didn't have my laptop so I cannot comment on any WiFi service if available. Overall this was an incredible value for the money -- I have stayed at much more expensive hotels that were just awful... this location in Gainesville, Florida was just fine for my 2-night stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you so much for your kind words and rave review of our hotel, we really appreciate it. You are such valued guests and we look forward to your next visit with us.

And the hotel does have an elevator located in the lobby with access to all three of our floors.