“One of the best, so far.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for a family reunion. I should have known we were in trouble when the rate on the Internet was LOWER than the "special" group rate for the family reunion. Due to a friend's death, my transportation changed, and I arrived in town at 11:00 AM. I realize that early check-in was not guaranteed. I returned at 1:00 PM as the front desk had suggested. Still no rooms. Not one. Curious. I offered to change floors if that would help. I was told, "No. We booked full tonight. We can't switch from your reservations." It's one thing to not have a room; it makes it worse when staff acts like I'm bothering them by asking. Interestingly, front desk staff then asked another customer, when a room was ready, would he prefer the 1st or 2nd floor. Thought there was no switching? Curious. And then front desk made a new reservation for that night for a different customer? Curious. I thought they were full. I got a room at 1:30, but not without front desk staff acting miffed. Then there was breakfast the next morning. What a joke. Way too many people to fit into that space. No coffee? No utensils? They serve breakfast every morning. They could at least keep it stocked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ryan A, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello Lori,

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We try our best to provide a nice, clean and comfortable atmosphere for our lodging guests.

We are hoping you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations and lodging needs. Please call us directly at (352)332.8292

Ryan Abbott
Kissimmee
Reviewed July 26, 2013

the hotel is very nice I like to stay there. I was so post to get some kind of book upon check in. never got it. also my grandkids wanted to use the pool but it was dirty. I will be back soon. the girl at the front desk that check me in was very friendly. sorry don't know her name.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

We really appreciate you filling out the tripadvisor feedback. We always enjoy hearing what our guests have to say. We are very glad you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your next visit with us.
If you have any questions or want to create a reservation please call (352)332-8292.

Ryan Abbott