Stayed for 2 nights for a family reunion. I should have known we were in trouble when the rate on the Internet was LOWER than the "special" group rate for the family reunion. Due to a friend's death, my transportation changed, and I arrived in town at 11:00 AM. I realize that early check-in was not guaranteed. I returned at 1:00 PM as the front desk had suggested. Still no rooms. Not one. Curious. I offered to change floors if that would help. I was told, "No. We booked full tonight. We can't switch from your reservations." It's one thing to not have a room; it makes it worse when staff acts like I'm bothering them by asking. Interestingly, front desk staff then asked another customer, when a room was ready, would he prefer the 1st or 2nd floor. Thought there was no switching? Curious. And then front desk made a new reservation for that night for a different customer? Curious. I thought they were full. I got a room at 1:30, but not without front desk staff acting miffed. Then there was breakfast the next morning. What a joke. Way too many people to fit into that space. No coffee? No utensils? They serve breakfast every morning. They could at least keep it stocked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fairfield Inn by Marriott Gainesville Fl is under renovation from September 19, 2008 through November 30, 2008. The hotel's interior and exterior will be painted and brightened. Details of the reinvestment include the following: 32" LCD Televisions, Micro-fridge units (Executive Level Rooms, Energy-saving Heating and Air Conditioning Units). Exterior improvements include: ADA Hydro lift in pool area, Upgraded landscaping, and Fresh paint. Public space and building interior upgrades include: Auto Sliding Entrance Doors, Upgraded fitness equipment, Fresh paint. Additionally, eco-friendly materials and energy saving appliances will be heavily utilized during the property improvement. Recently enrolled in Florida's Green Lodging Program the Fairfield Inn promptly implemented a re-use and recycle program. The hotel will remain open during the improvements and guests will still experience the service and hospitality they have come to expect from Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The renovations are expected to be completed by November 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott, Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Fairfield Inn Gainesville
- Fairfield Gainesville
- Gainesville Fairfield Inn