This appears to be a recently renovated hotel, possibly changing hands to Baymont recently. We were here 2 nights and our room was excellent for the price. There are 2 room types available, the bottom 2 floors are exterior doors and are standard rooms, we saw one of these and they are small but comfortable. The upper floor has an interior corridor, much more secure, and the rooms, billed an an "executive" room, was $10 more a night, and had at least 50 square feet more room, You also get a microwave, not available in the smaller rooms. Beds were comfortable, they should opt for a lower flow shower head to save water, as they consider themselves a "green" hotel and the pressure from these were almost too high..
Continental breakfast was free, but when we were there the eggs were unedible clumps of dried out yellow cotton. There is a Waffle House a half mile down the road.
Overall the is a nice hotel, definitely opt for the upper floor rooms for the additional space. It is centrally located just off I75, many restaurants and a large mall very close by. The staff was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fairfield Inn by Marriott Gainesville Fl is under renovation from September 19, 2008 through November 30, 2008. The hotel's interior and exterior will be painted and brightened. Details of the reinvestment include the following: 32" LCD Televisions, Micro-fridge units (Executive Level Rooms, Energy-saving Heating and Air Conditioning Units). Exterior improvements include: ADA Hydro lift in pool area, Upgraded landscaping, and Fresh paint. Public space and building interior upgrades include: Auto Sliding Entrance Doors, Upgraded fitness equipment, Fresh paint. Additionally, eco-friendly materials and energy saving appliances will be heavily utilized during the property improvement. Recently enrolled in Florida's Green Lodging Program the Fairfield Inn promptly implemented a re-use and recycle program. The hotel will remain open during the improvements and guests will still experience the service and hospitality they have come to expect from Fairfield Inn by Marriott. The renovations are expected to be completed by November 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott, Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Fairfield Inn Gainesville
- Fairfield Gainesville
- Gainesville Fairfield Inn