“Excellent Hotel - New Experience”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Bangor County Down
“Excellent Hotel - New Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

First ever stay in a Hampton Inn and did not really know what to expect. First class rooms with quality bed and free wi-fi which worked like a dream. Small but ok gym which was not well used. Breakfast was fine although surprised at the cardboard plates and plastic cutlery. The absence of a bar and restaurant I understand goes with the brand. Location is excellent for restaurants in vicinity.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 24, 2010

My family stayed here on June 17, 2010. We chose this because it was close to the interstate and had a pool for the kids. Nice, clean and cheap! Yummy warm cookies at 7pm. Great breakfast as well! Only complaint- door from pool was difficult to open. Needs to be fixed! Would stay again!!

• Stayed October 2010
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The hotel itself is wonderful and the staff is friendly and the breakfast soooo good.. But the hard lesson learned on Friday night was that the hotel has exterior accessible rooms. My need is as a result of surgery. But I also pick Hilton brands for their interior corridors and that spells safety for me.
But I did not know room was an exterior room till I got there. That was not in the WEB descripton. Unfortunately I arrived after cancellation time and the clerk had one other room available a king for $10 more. She was unable to adjust the rate to my original one.. I just wanted a place to sleep. She said they would be closing in those rooms next year. But it could have been any hotel or motel...so I suggest if you need the accessible room find out where it is in the hotel before you book.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
GALENA
Reviewed June 6, 2010

For years I have depended on Hampton Inns, but the total lack of concern for customer satisfaction exhibited by the manager of this Inn in particular , as well as NO CORPORATE customer satisfaction concern in general has changed that forever. When I have a confirmed reservation for a SMOKE FREE room in my hand, prepaid in full 5 or 6 weeks earlier, don't try to tell me I booked a smoking room, and force me to stay in that room, telling me there are no other rooms available, then 30 minutes later "discover" a King, non smoking that you expect me to pay the difference for. Don't tell me I only booked a week prior to U.F. graduation when it's in black and white on paper it was 5-6 weeks prior. And definitely don't accuse me of purposely booking a room I could not use with the intention of getting a free upgrade. I don't even care for a King, all I requested and had CONFIRMED was Queen, Non-Smoking.
Previous stays in other locations were always fine, but the total disdain for a pleased customer shown all the way down the ladder from corporate to this location's manager
comes as a toal shock to me. I DO have a choice in where I stay when I travel, and from now it certainly won't be one in the Hilton brand line-up.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vetteguy67
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I must have been there the same time as the other review. My stay was fine, nothing spectacular. Limited breakfast offerings, but staff was friendly towards us. No road noise, beds were hard, but room was clean and we did not encounter any insects in our room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beckys29
Gainesville
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I stayed here with my husband on a Friday night to catch a game weekend and enjoy the extra commodities that Hampton inn offers for the $130.00 price tag. To make a long story short, I did not even make it to the gym or the swimming pool the next day. First of all I made the mistake of renting a room hours before I was even ready to pull back the sheets on my bed. So later that night I came upon my first surprise, a dead roach about half way down into the sheets. Even after pitching a fit I was willing to accept some new sheets, but that was taking the man and woman working there more then 45 minutes to do. So I finally walked down to the desk and they said they were really busy and they were sorry. In fact they were so sorry 15 other people walked out after hearing what I had to go through and then finally I got my refund. If you dont like roaches in your bed, go across the street to Super 8 if you are on Swamp Avenue.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I've been staying at this hampton location since the property opened. My family and I drive down to southwest florida and whenever we do, we always stay at this location. The accomidations were truely great, the warm breakfast bar is like it always was. I will continue to stay with them everytime I drive through south florida.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family