“No Problem with our stay”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I must have been there the same time as the other review. My stay was fine, nothing spectacular. Limited breakfast offerings, but staff was friendly towards us. No road noise, beds were hard, but room was clean and we did not encounter any insects in our room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beckys29
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Gainesville

Reviewed April 10, 2010

I stayed here with my husband on a Friday night to catch a game weekend and enjoy the extra commodities that Hampton inn offers for the $130.00 price tag. To make a long story short, I did not even make it to the gym or the swimming pool the next day. First of all I made the mistake of renting a room hours before I was even ready to pull back the sheets on my bed. So later that night I came upon my first surprise, a dead roach about half way down into the sheets. Even after pitching a fit I was willing to accept some new sheets, but that was taking the man and woman working there more then 45 minutes to do. So I finally walked down to the desk and they said they were really busy and they were sorry. In fact they were so sorry 15 other people walked out after hearing what I had to go through and then finally I got my refund. If you dont like roaches in your bed, go across the street to Super 8 if you are on Swamp Avenue.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2009

I've been staying at this hampton location since the property opened. My family and I drive down to southwest florida and whenever we do, we always stay at this location. The accomidations were truely great, the warm breakfast bar is like it always was. I will continue to stay with them everytime I drive through south florida.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

From the moment we arrived, front desk staff friendly and courteous. Room great, breakfast unbeatable, quiet area, will definitively stay there again and recommend 100%!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Pleasant overnight after long days of traveling...
One of the most inviting beds for comfort I can ever remember...

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stopped at the Hampton Inn for an overnight stay. We didn't have any reservations, but we had a room within 15 minutes. The room was nice. Furniture comfortable. Sofa bed was better than most. Decent cookies at night. Breakfast was ok. The eggs are frozen circles of egg-not great. But the apple turnovers are decent. I would stay again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 4, 2008

We were here for Florida Graduation, the hotel was not as busy as you would expect for graduation, there were plenty of people here but you couldn't tell.

The room was very nice on 4th floor and my parents were traveling and were down the hall from us, we faced the front and they faced the back.

We never heard any noise from outside and never had any problems while we were here.

The pool area is nice it has three tables where you can hang out and relax with family and friends.

The room had a microfridge and 40 channels on the tv.

Breakfast area was nice, and yes was a little busy however was not bad.

The hotel is under a 10 minute drive to the University and is near many restaurants as well on Archer Blvd.

I would stay at this hotel again.

There was a little construction going on the last day we were here, but nothing that big.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)