All reviewsroom was cleanarcher roadshands hospitalwould stay here againnice staycookiesrestaurants and shoppinggreat customer servicegreat place to staythe breakfast areaoatmealfront desk staffeasy accessone night stayfree breakfastinnsinterstate
Reviewed September 19, 2017

During Hurricane Irma, I was dealing with a lot of issues and extenuating circumstances. Susan Perkins (the manager) and her staff bent over backwards to accommodate me and my family. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Gainesville Florida area. Very convenient, very clean rooms, great price and world class service -- these folks genuinely care about people !!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
HamptonFL32608, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Thank you Maria, it means a lot to all of us here to see that we made a difference. It was certainly a trying time for all and we were glad we could help.

I hope things at home were okay and that you all recover quickly from the aftermath of the storm.

Take care, our thought are with all the storm families.
Susan

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Our initial reservation was good; however when they lost power our group had to leave the hotel (understood). I attempted to make a reservation with them when they gained electric and they said they had no electric; and was told they had no rooms; my coworker called and suddenly they had 6 rooms (within a minute of me calling). It's not what you know but who you know.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank lillians733
HamptonFL32608, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We had several issues when our power was restored and we were back on line. One was that central reservations still had us open and was booking before we knew if we would have rooms to rent on the evening of the 12th.
I did finally open us to arrival and start taking at the property level after 4:00pm on Tuesday. Prior to that, we did not have our system up and were not able to see who was booking or in fact find out people were booking.
I apologize for the confusion and certainly understand your concern about customer service - but we did not start taking for our property personally until after 4:00pm. I was upset that we lost power and people had to relocate, I wanted you all back!

Hurricane Irma did a number on all of us, today we are happy to report, we finally got an elevator back up and running!!!!
Safe travels and I wish you well on the home front!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Rooms are nice and the staff is friendly; however, we booked this hotel room the same day (due to Hurricane Irma) and the staff failed to mention the elevators were broken when booking and we were unable to cancel due to 48hour cancelation policy. We had to walk up 4 flights of stairs after driving for 7 hours in traffic and with a special needs child.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Happy Tuesday Jorge,

I am sorry for the confusion, on Tuesday September 12th it was noted on our website that we were without elevators and we have posted at the front desk and on arrival that we would relocate anyone who needed due to the elevators being out. We did not hold to any cancellation policy and freely relocated or cancelled without penalties.

We offered you the relocation, I understand that you wanted a first floor room, however a regular king room would not accommodate your family and you requested two beds.

Hurricane Irma did a number on all of us one way or another, but I am happy to report today we got our elevators back up and running!

Safe and happy travels.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Very unacceptable due to travel situation.
Hampton Inn in Gainesville FL was recommended by Shands Hospital as a place to stay for the evaluation of having a Lung Transplant. Had to leave early due to Hurricane Irma, but was charged for the full stay because it was their policy.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Hello Mr. Z,

We are happy to accommodate our guests with late check outs whenever we can. However, you did not notify us of your pending departure and by 4:00pm that afternoon our housekeeping staff had already left to head home to their families and we were extremely busy checking in guests who had fled their homes.
We certainly would have tried our best to accommodate you had we known your intentions.

I hope things are well on your home front and Irma kept her damage to a minimum.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

very nice location also place is clean.love the breakfast also the stuff is very helpful and also knoewedgeable we did enjoy aour stay and deffenitely coming back and for sure recomend the place to our friends and family

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you! What a wonderful review and so very much appreciated!
We have certainly been through some stressful weeks and to know that through it all we still made guests happy is the best gift we can receive.

Safe and happy travels! And please come see us again soon.