“Will always be my first choice in Gainesville”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Jacksonville, United States
“Will always be my first choice in Gainesville”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wonderful staff, very clean rooms and a great breakfast. They go over and above the call of duty to make sure you feel at home. Kudos to the manager - she has put together a great team. You can tell they all enjoy working there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Greg B
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Greg B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit!

I appreciate you recognizing the hard work by the entire staff! We all work very hard to make our guests happy and I'm happy to know it is working! I will certainly pass your comments on to the staff, as they are uplifting and lets us know we are doing the right thing!

Once again, thank you for such a wonderful review!

Ryan Tate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We walked in without a reservation late last night and got a good last minute rate. The place was quiet and very clean. I'm a bit of a detail-oriented germaphobe, so I can be pretty critical when it comes to the cleanliness of a place. I'd definitely stay there again.

We didn't check out any of the amenities because we were just passing through, but the room was lovely. The only thing that drops this down isn't a flaw of the location, but the corporate-designed breakfast. Same exact breakfast as at the other Hampton Inns, which is fine but not really to my taste. That said, we didn't go there for the breakfast, but for a clean and quiet room. That was delivered!

Stayed November 2013
Dear vaptek,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit in Gainesville.
I'm glad we were able to hold up to your standards of cleanliness. That is a top priority of our and take pride in a job well done! Thank you for recognizing the hard work of my housekeepers. I will be sure to pass this on to them.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast. You are right, it is a corporate-designed breakfast. We do not usually get negative comments about our breakfast, but I understand if it is just not right for you. Hopefully that will not deter you from staying with us in the future, or any Hampton Inn for that matter.

I look forward to your next visit!

Florida, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I travel quite a lot, and this Hampton is really clean, quiet, and a good value. Food is hot, room is clean, parking is well-lit, staff is helpful and accomodating. Every time I am in Gainesville, I make it a point to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bobbi Jo J,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We always appreciate feedback.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to accommodate your needs.
Also, thank you for being a faithful guest to our property!
I look forward to seeing you next time!

NAPLES, FL, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I cannot in good faith recommend this facility to anyone. It was our worst Hampton experience in almost every respect. The room was very dated, dirty, and extremely noisy. The space dedicated for the complimentary breakfast was so limited and the tour bus crowd so great that we couldn't get near the food let alone a seat...just a very poor experience all around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonFL32608, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
As always we thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel. Our hotel just completed a renovation that overall our guests have enjoyed and spoken positively about as evident by the comments posted below. We are proud of our new look and contemporaryy chic lobby/breakfast area.
It is unfortunate that a large group of guests chose the same breakfast time that you did thus causing a packed seating environment, but we can not control when guests choose to dine.
Gainesville was a fun filled town that weekend with several events going on which made the area a very popular place to be.
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay like so many of our other guests, but I do value your opinion and thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Dover, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My experience with Hampton Inn Gainesville was phenominal. The room was comfy and the breakfast was fabulous. The staff made me feel very welcomed. I enjoyed the festive decorations as well. It felt almost like home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you for such an amazing review! We love it when our guests refer to us as their home away from home!
We work extremely hard to make everyone's stay as comfortable and hospitable as possible. We understand working away from home can be difficult and try to compensate for you.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your great review!

Come back to see us!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stopped overnight on our way to south Florida. The hotel was clean and up to Hampton standards which isn't always the case off of I-75. Check in was quick and staff was knowledgeable of places to eat. We ended up staying in and having food delivery from Texas Roadhouse. Breakfast was as you would expect and fast. Overall it was an easy stop for us and a quiet nights sleep. Wi-Fi was super fast and the microwave/fridge were used as well. We will probably use this stop again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear scorpette,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was convenient and up to par with the Hampton Standard!

I'm glad you took advantage of the discount from Texas Roadhouse as well as the delivery to the room. We work hard to get special perks and love to see our guests use them!

I hope you find yourself with us next time you're in the area!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a bad experience with the General Manager at this location. He was unwilling to work with me when I needed to cancel my reservations. He charged me for 2 nights stay even though the hotel was able to resale the room. He would not even consider giving me credit towards a future stay. It did not matter to him that I'm a Hilton Diamond Rewards Member, he was only interested in making money for his franchise. I can't imagine how he treats other customers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I regret that you did not stay at our property but rather are rating us on the restrictions associated with your reservation. It was a special event weekend that required a full prepayment and 30 day advance cancellation policy. You agreed to those terms when you booked for the Gator Football game weekend. I certainly understand that plans change, however the policy was enforced.

I believe that had you had the opportunity to stay with us you would have found our customer service outstanding, as reflected from other guests comments. We love our guests and enjoy the fun filled Gator football weekends we host for them.

We certainly would welcome you to stay with us in the future.
Safe and Happy travels!

Note: The GM at this property is a female so I am not sure who you spoke with, but they were just following the restriction policy.