“Nice Stopover”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We chose this motel because it was located about 6 hours into our trip to southern Florida. It was clean, well lit at night and quiet. The breakfast bar was well stocked and everything appeared to be fresh. The stopover allowed us to continue the second half of our trip refreshed and well rested. In the past I have made the 9 hour trip without an overnight stay. I found that by stopping 6 hours into the trip and spending the night made for a much better drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear William B,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review on our hotel. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you during your trip to South Florida. Our breakfast staff works hard to keep the buffet going and well stocked so our guests are not wainting to eat breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and had a good nights sleep. I hope in the future during your travels, you think of us first.
Once again, thank you for your visit!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night while visiting in the area. Room met all expectations, i.e. clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a little better than typical complimentary fare since it included some hot foods...Biscuits, gravy, pre-prepared omelets, sausage, waffle maker, along with the standard cereals, juices, coffee, bagels, muffins. Best part of our stay was the front desk staff who were very helpful in teaming up to figure the best route for us to take for going to a specific place the other side of Gainesville we were needing to get to. Excellent support. Worked like a charm.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Sling-0,

Thank you for the great review! It's always great to hear what our guests have to say about us.
I am happy we were able to accommodate you while in town and especially happy that the front desk staff was able to help you with directions! We are always willing to help a guest in need!
I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast. The breakfast staff work very hard to make our guests a hot and healthy first meal.
I hope you think of us first the next time you're in town!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

A good experience after a bad one a couple of years before. Hotel clean and modern. Reservations handled well. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast bar had good selection well prepared. If in the area, I would use this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonFL32608, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Dale P,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience a couple years ago, but I'm glad we were able to make up for it!
Thank you for the recognition, we try to be as friendly and accommodating as possible!

I hope you always choose us during your trips through Gainesville!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I travel throughout the State of Florida for work. I stayed here in mid-March for work, and it was one of the most ‘blah’ hotel experiences – and as an earlier review puts it “nothing spectacular.” If you need a place to stay for a night or two, this hotel is clean, comfy and quite. If you’re going to be in the Gainesville area for a couple days or more, you might consider trying a different hotel.

As a disclaimer, I provided average (3 out of 5) ratings for everything about this hotel except for sleep quality, which I rated as “Very Good” (4 out of 5). I provided average ratings (for service, value, cleanliness, locations, and rooms) because there was nothing that stood out. Sleep quality would have been better if I knew I was waking up to a good breakfast, but breakfast quality / experience was below average.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front - second floor, and I always ask to be placed away from the elevator. No c...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonFL32608, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Dan G,

I appreciate you taking time to write your thoughts about my hotel. Knowing our weaknesses helps us to improve. I understand that you stayed with us during March, at which time we were still undergoing our renovations. I hope that was the reason for the mediocre ratings. I do believe we have improved since we finished the complete remodel in July. I will still take your criticism into consideration see how we can better ourselves, there is always room for improvement.
I'm curious to know why you rated the location average? We are right off of I-75, next to all the major restaurants in Gainesville and only 3 miles from the center of University and Shands Hospital.

I hope that you visit our property again, now that the renovations are complete. I do believe that you'll agree that we have improved since your last visit!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was one of the best hotel stays that I have ever experienced, the bed was great, the staff was great, everything was great. We arrived late and the person at the counter offered us the managers special rate, which was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonFL32608, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Theodore N Z,

Thank you for choosing us while in Gainesville, and thank you for writing a great review. It's always great to hear what our guests have to say! I am glad that you enjoyed our property and rate it as "one of the best..."

I hope you think of us first next time you are in town!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The front desk will always greet you with a smile, the cookies are warm around 6:30. tThis site is convienient to a great number of places to dine. Great access from I-75! Publx, Target, all that your shopping needs require.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Danny M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Of course we will always greet you with a smile. We love having our guests as much as our guests love Hampton Inns! Speaking of places to dine, next time you are in town ask the front desk what sort of discounts you get for staying with us! There is something for everyone!

Can't wait for your next visit!

Safe Travels!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped here for one night on our way to Orlando. Would definately return if in the area. The hotel is modern and very clean, well located to shopping and restaurants. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Ddavislaw

Thank you for staying with us on your way to Orlando. I'm glad you enjoyed our property. The staff works very hard keeping everything clean and in place. Next time you stay with us, be sure to ask the front desk about restaurants that offer discounts for staying with us!

Once again, thank you for choosing us!