“Good Nights Sleep”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Well out of the traffic flow but still close to I-75 this hotel is a great place to stay. The Lobby is not as open and large as many Hampton Inns but the rooms are up to their usual standard. The breakfast nook is cozy but the eating area allows you to relax while eating. There is ample parking but the doors are all located at the Lobby. There are a number of 1st floor rooms that open to outdoors, which is different from most Hampton Inns. This is a no smoking facility and there is only one sitting bench outside.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Carl L,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit. I appreciate you taking the time to rate us, as it allows us to see our strengths and weaknesses.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and our new Perfect Mix Lobby, as we just finished with our renovations only weeks ago.

I understand your concern about only having the one bench outside, some of the benches were recently damaged. We are currently working to get new ones to place around the property. We do still offer smoking rooms if you are interested during your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your comments and concerns!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The property was clean. the breakfast bar was well stocked and had a good variety. Love those cookies at night. My only suggestion is to ask how the air conditioning works so that you don't have to get up multiple times at night to turn it back on.

Dear Elena R,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit. I am glad you especially enjoyed our breakfast, our staff works very hard in that department. I understand your love of the cookies in the evening, they are a delicious treat!
I understand you had a problem with the air conditioner cutting out at night. The thermostat on the wall needs to be set on "auto" and "cool" so it will maintain the temperature you set the unit. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will have maintentance do their monthly checks early this month to assure there is not a defect.
I hope you think of us first the next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I attended a class with the University. The class was held at the Hilton but they had no rooms. I did not realize that the Hampton Inn was part of the Hilton so was happy to hear that my Hilton Honors would be honored. This turned out to be an excellent hotel and I felt better staying there where it was quiet instead of the noisey college hotel, the Hilton. Great experience.

Dear Ann M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you now know that Hampton is apart of Hilton Honors.
I hope your next visit to Gainesville you will think of us first!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I like the location, and the staff here was very professional and accommodating. Room was great and room service was excellent all four days. Good restaurant selection nearby. I'll be back, thanks Hampton.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear DogFan11,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for commenting on our property.
The staff strives to be as courteous and professional as possible.
You're right, we have a lot of restaurant choices nearby - be sure to take advantage of the discount you receive at many of the restaurants near us. Next time you're in town just ask the front desk and they'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
Once again, thank you for your comments!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel more than a dozen times over the last 2 1/2 years. We have never been disappointed. We are a very well traveled family with discriminating taste and have stayed in many different hotels and we can truly say that this Hampton inn in Gainesville is the consistently the cleanest and friendliest of all places that we have ever stayed. We have a UF student daughter and a son ready to start at UF soon. We look forward to our stays in Gainesville and affectionately call this place our home away from home. We find it amazing that most of the staff, from the front desk, to the breakfast ladies and maintenance staff, either know us by name or at least by face. And we know their names as well. This place has terrific management and staff. They make this place first rate. They are all so friendly and caring.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice clean quite place to stay.I would recomend this place to anybody.I always stay here when traveling to our building in the area for business.Rooms are always clean and staff are always friendly and helful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel room was clean. Notes were left to say the sheets and duvet were washed for every guest. Staff was pleasant.
Shower water was not hot. Others complained also. Half of the water was coming out of the tub faucet and not the shower head. The tub faucet was pulling away from the wall. Had to stand in 2 inches of water while showering. Breakfast was not good. Eggs and bacon were terrible.
Lots of other hotels in the area; would try one of them next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear ChicagoMom_of_boys,

Thank you for your kind remarks about my staff, we try to accomodate all of our guests.
I understand you had a couple issues with the hotel such as plumbing and breakfast selection. I have staff looking into these issues now. We do encourage all of our guests to bring these problems to our attention so we can fix it as soon as possible. I realize you have many hotel options in Gainesville, but I invite you to stay with us once more so we can redeem our Hampton name
Thank you for your concerns and taking time to review our property, you certainly have allowed us the opportunity to improve.