“Very Accommodating”

Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
South Carolina
“Very Accommodating”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had to change rooms several times for various reasons (too close to ice/vending machines and second room had a broken commode). The front desk was very understanding and I had no problems getting a new room. The third room was perfect. The staff was so nice and I had no complaints. Later that evening I accidentally locked myself out of my room... the front desk and I had a good chuckle at the fact they remembered me and my room number.

It happened to be Valentine's Day and I missed a celebration in the lobby, but they left the goodies out a little longer and I had a chance to enjoy some of the fruit and chocolate. What a nice place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Heartburn,

Thank you for taking time to review our property! It helps us improve.
I apologize for the noise from the vending area and for the plumbing issue! I am glad after 3 attempts we were able to accomodate you - third times a charm!
I am delighted you were able to catch the end of our Valentines Day reception. We are aware people can not always be with loved ones on special holidays and always try to accomodate.

Once again, thank you for taking time to review us and thank you for choosing us as your home away from home while visiting Gainesville.
I hope the next time you are in town you think of us first!

Ryan Tate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Based on other reviews, I thought this property would be a good choice. Its ad depicted a breakfast area and nicely appointed rooms. It was deceptive. I have stayed at over 100 Hampton Inn Properties in my business and personal travel and this property was by far the worst. This was the first that I stayed in where the room I had opened up into the parking lot. It had a humidifier that you could not two on if you wanted to sleep because of the noise. The room itself appeared dingy. In the morning we found no breakfast. This did not appear in the ad nor were we told upon check in. In comparison, we had a room at a Hampton Inn in Murfreesboro that was twice the size, bright and cheerful and a breakfast for the same rate?

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower. Better yet pick another property!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeanorLike2Eat
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear SeanorLike2Eat,

We would like to thank you for submitting your review of our property. Of course we were disappointed with your comments. Our breakfast is served from 6:00am until 10:00am every day without exception. Our rooms have been completely remodeled including all furniture, drapes, carpet, paint, and even the pictures. I am sorry that you don’t like our new color scheme. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inns and hope that you enjoy your travel.

Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel is right off I75, but I did not hear any traffic noise. This is the best Hampton Inn I've stayed at. I was very pleased with everything about the property. When I booked the room there was alot of functions going on in towm and most rooms were not available. When I found a room available at this hotel I grabbed it, but would have preferred the new one downtown. So I was very pleased when I arrived and found this hotel to be such a gem. It wil be my 1st choice for my next trip to Gainseville.

This hotel is right at I75 & Archer which seems to be the main drag. So don't worry about finding a restaruant or fast food or a Walmart or Target, it's all right there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ellwooddiesel
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear ellwooddiesel,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit! I am glad that we could accommodate you during such a busy time.

Next time you stay with us, be sure to ask about discounts at restaurants around town!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Lake Leelanau, Michigan
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is currently (Feb. 2013) undergoing renovation, however, while evidence of the ongoing renovation is present it did not hamper our stay in any fashion.

The hotel has all the amenities of a typical Hampton Inn. The facilities were very nice, the rooms we had were clean, well furnished and very attractive. There were plenty of outlets for electrical components and the wireless internet worked flawlessly. The individuals at the desk were very kind and helpful.

All in all, a very good experience.

Room Tip: There is a section of the hotel that is contains rooms that you access from the outside, rather than...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Wonderful Hotel. Accomodating and helpful Staff. Excellent breakfast. New, clean rooms. This was my second visit and will come back when I need to be in Gainesville in the future. Rates are reasonable

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Cliff H,

Thank you for taking time to rate our hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast. It's always a pleasure seeing familiar faces and I hope you are one that becomes familiar with us. we look forward to your next visit and I hope it only gets better with each trip!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

With our kids at UF this Hampton inn has become a home away from home. Conveniently located & recently renovated it offers all the amenities you can expect from a Hampton inn. Make sure to ask for the gator parent rate.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marie H,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

I am glad we can serve as your "Home away from home" while your kids atten the University of Florida.

We look forward to building a relationship with you as you frequent Gainesville to see your kids.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the time we checked in we felt that the staff was really trying to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Even though they were in the process of remodeling, it didn't make our stay any less enjoyable. I mentioned that we had constantly been missing out on the cookies and later I received a courtesy call telling me that they were now ready in the lobby. The room was very clean, good TVs, good breakfast. All in all this was an excellent stay. The hotel is also close to some nice restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IverJohnson,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on our property. It is our goal to make everyone's stay enjoyable. It is a pleasure knowing that our remodeling did affect your comfort. We try our hardest to work around our guests; you are our top priority.

Our housekeepers work extremely hard and thorough cleaning the rooms; making sure they don't miss anything from the previous guest. Thank you for acknowleding their hard work.

Next time you're in Gainesville, be sure to take advantage of the discounts at the nearby restaurants you receive for staying with us!

Once again, thank you for your review. It helps us improve.