“Was okay”

Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Okeechobee
“Was okay”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed one night. The lobby was a construction zone, being remodeled and nothing but concrete floors, stud walls and the lobby desk BUT we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful lady. If it wouldn't have been pouring down rain we probably would have checked with one of the other hotels nearby. The room seemed a little dated but maybe that's what this Hampton is working on, remodeling. We met a painter coming down the elevator and he said he was painting all the rooms on the 3rd floor. They still had an excellent breakfast room. It was set up on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife, myself and mother-in-law stayed one night here last week.
I was taking a shower and reached for the bathmat that was on the side of the tub. Next thing I know I was horizontal in the tub. The bottom of the tub was slick as ice. My wife and mother-in-law put towels down when they took their shower. Thank goodness I had no serious injuries but I did ache for a few days.
When we checked out I mentioned the incident to the person at the front desk. She got a funny look on her face and said that I was the second person in the last few days to report this. We can't understand what is happening, Hilton made us spray every tub with an anti slip solution.
I think they put it on upside down !!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to UF. The room was ABSOLUTELY terrific! It was spotless and the bed was so comfortable I slept like a rock. Hotel is located off Archer road near dozens of restaurants. The breakfast had a nice assortment of hot and cold items. Free wireless worked great.. This hotel gives a nice rate if you have a student at UF so CHECK IT OUT! About a 10 minute drive to the center of campus.

Room Tip: If you have a UF student mention it to the staff for a great rate. It beat the AAA rate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Russellville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We've stayed in this hotel several times and have always been very pleased. It's in an excellent location - easy to get in and out. The rooms are very nice and are what we expect from a Hampton - our favorite chain hotel. They are spacious, clean, quiet, and have all the amenities. The staff is extra-friendly and always do everything we ask them to. We'll stay here whenever we go to Gainesville to visit our family. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bojean1
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel is easy to get in/out, staff were very friendly and helpful with restaurants. Breakfast is same as other Hampton Inns. The room was clean and quiet. Typical Hampton Inn except staff here were more friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor on the back for a view of Florida nature. We saw armadilla outside the fenced a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Hotel is OK but seems old and in need of a makeover, all the usual Hampton features. I have stayed here a few times as there a plenty of restaurants to walk too. However I was put in the back facing out this time and it was noisier than the side facing the road - trash truck at 4.30am! I will stay here again but ask for a front or right hand side room. Breakfast has a good variety.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, FL USA
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here two nights and made the mistake of getting one of the few outdoor entry rooms. The conveniet thing is it was on the first floor so I could go right from my car into my room. Inside was a typical Hampton Inn room except that the room had a dehumidifier in it which was extremely loud when it ran. The only plus side is that the dehumidifier drown out the noise from outside so once you got use to it the outdoors sounds were drowned out.

Check in was simple and easy as always. Breakfast was plentiful and very good.

The other biggest disappointment was the room preparation when I got it. There were dried bits of "something" on the bathrooms walls I had to clean off when I got in. It tooks only a couple of seconds, but that was a first for me at a Hampton Inn.

It is conveniently located closer to busy Archer St. which is not necessarily bad because it's easy to find some place to eat.

I would stay here again, but not get the outdoor access room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business