“Great stay!”

Courtyard Gainesville
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great hotel, nice room, clean. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2009

The research I did on the Internet regarding hotel/motel reviews prior to our one night stay was the key to us picking this hotel. The rooms were PERFECT in all respects, and the granite in the bathrooms were a nice touch. Beds and bedding very nice. The grounds were exeptionally well maintained (first thing I noticed). The Gainesville Courtyard exceeded even MY expectations in numerous ways. I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends and business associates. Only nit I have is that the front desk personnel vanished twice during peak customer service hours. Otherwise a near perfect stay! Can't ask for more...especially nowadays. ;O)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LeelooiEkbatDeSebat
Reviewed March 18, 2009

We arrived at the marriott late at night after driving all day. when I got to the door I realized you needed a hotel to get in so I knocked on the door but there was no one at the front desk to let me in. finally a person staying at the hotel was nice enough to help me. so after I was let in by a guest I sat at counter another 5 minutes before being helped by a rude old woman. she checked me in and went and rounded up my kids and husband . when we got to the room we realized she put us in a room with soaking wet carpet. we had no linens for the pull out and when I called down the front desk she argued with me insisting we had linens, well after arguing to get linens we finally decided to hit the hay only to be woken up 15 minutes later to the smoke alarm blairing in our ears. I decided enough was enough and wanted to leave. when i went to the desk to let this miserable woman know we were leaving and how unhappy we were she said she was going to call the cops on me........I WILL NEVER GO BACK

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank wjhedger
JTabone, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2009

Dear wjhedger,

I would first like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Gainesville, Florida as your first choice in the Gainesville market. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment regarding your hotel stay; I know your time is very valuable! Not only at this Courtyard by Marriott, but at locations around the world, we set very high expectations for our hotels. I can assure you we would not be the successful brand we are today without valued guest reviews such as the one you posted.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the level of service that you received while at our hotel. This type of customer service is not what I expect from my team, and I guarantee you that every step has been taken to ensure this type of service is not received again by you or any guest at our hotel.

I understand that taking off all of the charges for your stay does not make up for missing a good nights sleep during a family vacation. However, I hope that it does show you this experience is not what I expect from my team.

At the Courtyard by Marriott in Gainesville, we work hard every day to ensure every guest has a trouble free stay and we clearly did not meet this goal on several levels during your stay. I would like to once again apologize for this incident.

It would be my pleasure to have you come back to the hotel so that I can show you the high level of service my team can achieve. If you ever have hotel needs in the Gainesville area, please do not hesitate to call or email me so that I may be of service.

If there is anything I can do for you or if you would like to discuss the incident further I can be reached using one of the below contact methods.

JJ Tabone
C: (239) 560-3089
F: (352) 335-1502
CY.GNVCY.GM@Marriott.com

Reviewed June 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard in Gainesville June 16, 2008 for 1 night. We checked in very late at night, but had a very nice, quiet room not near elevators or vending. The hotel room had all the usual Marriott amenities and a very comfortable king bed. The only issue we had, which for me was a pretty big issue because it was a week day morning and I had some work to do, was that the internet was down. When I called the front desk, the lady was nice, but told me I had to call the 1800 number of their internet provider directly and that she could not help me. I really did not have time to stick around and deal with the customer service people with this company (after being on hold for over 10 minutes) so we went ahead and checked out. Despite the internet being down, we still had a good experience and would stay again. However, I do think that when WiFi is down, customers should get a discount off the room...

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Really enjoyed this hotel. This is the second time we have stayed at this location. Bed was super comfortable and hotel was quiet allwoing for a great nights sleep. We had a king room with sleeper sofa and had plenty of room for an air mattress also.

Perfect location with many shopping and eating spots nearby.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2007

Stayed this past weekend at the Gainesville Courtyard. Older property but all expectations were met. Clean property and room. They actually had someone cleaning the lobby and pool area at 10:30 PM on a Saturday. Staff was friendly especially the morning crew. Located right off Interstate 75 but did not hear any of the traffic. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Also, nice grounds plenty of trees. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2006

I had enough Marriott rewards to redeem for a free night, so I decided to try this hotel. I stayed 2 nights and paid $99 (special holiday rate, which really wasn't all that special) for the 2nd night. The hotel is in a super location. It's just off I-75 and across the street from a Target and a large shopping center. The center stretches for probably a mile with lots of stores and restaurants plus a movie theater. It's also only a couple of miles (about 3 traffic lights) to the University's museums (Natural History museum and Harn Museum of Art, which has a Monet!) The staff are friendly and the housekeepers spent lots of time cleaning so my room was spotless. The hotel does not provide a free breakfast, but has a simple buffet ($5.95 for cold items, $6.95 for all of the buffet including make-your-own-waffles and made to order eggs.) The food was good and I liked avoiding the feeding frenzy that I've experienced at many hotels offering free breakfast. Hotel included USA Today during the week, FREE internet access, free coffee and cookies in the lobby, and a small fitness center. There were no extra fees (ie-resort fees, energy fees, etc) which was nice. I could give it 5* except that the furnishings were small...I mean really tiny. The ceilings are low and I think they compensated by adding small furniture. (If you've ever stayed at an All-Star resort at Disney and thought the furniture could get no smaller, then you should see this Courtyard!) I wish I could have taken measurements, but I bet the night tables were no more than about 18 inches high and 14 inches wide. The telephone filled most of the surface. The dresser and bed were also low to the floor. The only "normal" looking furnishings were the desk and chair and they looked huge next to everything else in the room. I thought that perhaps I was in a handicapped room since everything was so low and the toilet was high, but the bathroom vanity was very high, so it would have been inappropriate for guests in wheelchairs. The other "negative" is that I think this is a pre-fab type of building, so it's easy to hear people walking in the hallways, upstairs, and next door. Also, while I did not use the pool, I did see it and it was a small square outside off from the breakfast room.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple