“Marriott come through again”

Courtyard Gainesville
Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed here on a trip for a family gathering. As always clean and comfortable, consistency that I have come to find at Marriott. Love the breakfast and also the ability to get food in the evening even though there are plenty places nearby - it is easier to just be able to go downstairs.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for reviewing our hotel! I'm so glad that our staff and accommodations made your trip an enjoyable one. Hopefully when you return to Gainesville, you will allow us to welcome you back!

I'm also very pleased that you enjoyed our Bistro. We have seasonal promotions that change quarterly so we hope to provide you with a new "favorite dish" when you stay with us in the future.

Thank you again!

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Great location right off interstate 75. Nice clean rooms. Friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay here at this location. Nice breakfast also offered. There is adequate parking for cars but not if you're pulling a camper trailer. The check in the process and all amenities were appropriate.

Stayed: February 2014
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about our hotel! Feedback like yours is always welcome. It is very beneficial for my team, and it also helps future or prospective guests know how we are doing. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Gainesville. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

As a Marriott platinum traveler with some expiring coupons for use by the end of the month we were looking for a place to stay while in transit from Ft Lauderdale to Panama City, FL. Found that courtyard had rooms while lesser Fairfield inn had none. Really nice hotel. Attentive staff and very clean. Right off interstate with lots of restaurants near by. Also a rarity these days, visible and helpful general manager. Bit of a problem with service in the history but when brought to the attention of management it was resolved. Nice quiet stop.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Mr. "H"

Thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to recognize my team's efforts specifically given your Elite status.

Though we strive to ensure 100% guest satisfaction each day, sometimes mistakes do happen. However, in that instance we pride ourselves on ensuring that any issue is resolved in a timely and professional manner.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel. It is my hope that should your travels bring you to Gainesville again in the future that you will choose to stay with us again. We'd look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are looking for a good hotel in Gainesville (that is right off 75) then the courtyard will suit you well. The hotel is in a nice location, with many different restaurants to choose from nearby. The hotel itself was nice, and the rooms were comfortable. If you are just passing by Gainesville and need a place to stay, or the part of Gainesville you need to travel to is around Archer Road or Haile Plantation, then this hotel will fit you well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BrowardGator

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel online!
Your time is valuable, but so is your input. Our customer's satisfaction is our number one priority and we take great pride in providing a clean and safe environment for all of our guests. I hope that when you return to Gainesville in the future that you will choose to stay with us again.
Thank you!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed for one night while touring U.F. The location is pretty close to campus (5-8min drive)
the service was great and the lobby is remodeled; very nice, modern and new.
The rooms were not updated as the lobby, they felt old, and kind of stuffy. I was disappointed. They definitely need to renovate the bathrooms, they were clean but old.
Another disappointment was the breakfast...it wasn't included. The "Bistro" felt like an over prized fast food restaurant. Needless to say, we went to Crackel Barrel for a better breakfast..
I don't know if I'd come back here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SandraMiami_fl
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 2014 will be an exciting year for us as we embark on a complete renovation of our guest rooms. Much to your point, they are ready to be updated to the newest Courtyard theme. It would be my hope that you would stay with us again in the future and experience all of the changes!
I would also invite you back to experience the Bistro again in the future. Aside from our core menu of healthy options, we also introduce special seasonal menu items on a quarterly basis, so there is always something fresh and new to try.
Again, thank you very much for your comments and for staying with us!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Easy access to highway and near a shopping center with many dining options. Hotel has been remodeled. Room was clean and had a nice layout. Staff was very nice.
The outdoor furniture around the pool is in bad shape, as it is kept out year round. Needs to be replaced or at least cleaned. Pool was adequate and hot tub was nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I'd like to thank you for reviewing our hotel online. Your comments are very important to us as we use our guests feedback to constantly improve our service. Trust that I will take your comments about the patio furniture and ensure that our maintenance department addresses your concerns.
I hope that if your travels bring you to Gainesville in the future that you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

After a very tough day of driving, you can always count on Marriott. The Hotel had our reservation in order, the property was easily located. Beautiful and well cared for. Close to interstate yet a snap to locate. Bed was great and room was really quiet. Clean and nice, great Wifi

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your travels! I appreciate your feedback about our hotel very much. My team works very hard everyday to ensure that we provide the best experience for all of our guests whether they be travelling on business or pleasure. If you travel through Gainesville again in the future, please consider staying with us again. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back!