Courtyard Gainesville
$95
$90
$85
Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville(Gainesville)(Great Value!)
$68
$93
BestWestern.com
$133
$128
All reviewstypical courtyardupdated courtyardhi speedstarbucks coffeenice hotelconvenient locationlate checkoutarcher roadrestaurants and shoppingshort driveworkout roomthe sofa bedtop floorfirst floorcomfortable staythe staff was friendly and helpfulnice room
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Gainesville. The service alone in this hotel exceeds what you normally get. It literally took me three minutes to check in. Every staff member greeted me with a smile and always asked how my stay was. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. You can stay at other hotels but you'll be sorry. Even the security of this hotel is top notch. Great job again guys!! You've been very consistent in the past couple of years. That's hard to find!! Keep it up.

• Stayed: July 2013
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to offer us such positive feedback! We truly appreciate having the opportunity to provide excellent customer service in a safe and comfortable environment. It is what hospitality is all about, and we are glad it shows!

My team will be as happy to hear your comments as I am. Please know that we appreciate your loyalty, and will be happy to have you back again when you return to Gainesville.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night, and it was alright. We don't generally stay at courtyards, but with small children we wanted a king suite with a kitchenette to make our night easier. This hotel was in a great location with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, and Gainesville is a "college town" so it was fun to pass through the campus. We had a small breakfast that we purchased in their lounge area, and the morning staff was very pleasant. I'd probably stay here again....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for trying our Courtyard while you were in Gainesville! We appreciate having the opportunity to share with you what we feel makes a Courtyard so special!

I will definitely share your comments with my team. They thrive on feedback from our guests as it challenges them to improve what they do every day.

Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family's overnight stay at the Gainesville Courtyard for the night of June 8, 2013 was not one of the more memorable Marriott visits we've had. While this hotel stay was only intended to be a way-station on the drive down to our final destination of Bradenton, FL / Bradenton Courtyard (which turned out to be great and comfortable stay), I must say that I felt more tired after our night's stay at this hotel.

While the room was quite spacious and had space for my wife and two small children, the room itself felt outdated and worn. The toilet and tub area smelled musty, and the bathroom door would not open completely, bumping into the toilet. The set-up of the outside sink area felt awkward and old.

As far as our sleeping arrangement was concerned, I ordered a roll away bed for my 8 year old son to sleep on. We could feel the mattress springs coming through, which my son complained about.

Overall, the overall feeling of not being comfortable in a hotel room was what distinguished this Courtyard visit. I would not rate this Courtyard very highly, although the Tripadvisor reviews are fairly decent. On the other hand, the Bradenton Courtyard Riverwalk is a property that has mediocre Tripadvisor reviews, and was the portion of my family's Florida trip that I was not looking forward to. The Bradenton Courtyard actually turned out to be a gem, and it's one property that my wife and I wouldn't mind going back to!

I realize that hotels along the interstates probably have a tough time of keeping up with appearances and cleanliness, as they're mainly used for one night visits, but I assume if a hotel has the Marriott and Courtyard name, the quality of the hotel and room will be of the same high standard throughout. Unfortunately, the Gainesville Courtyard will not see us returning when traveling through Florida.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VidPS

I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I do apologize that we were unable to provide you with a more positive experience during your stay.

Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience for our guests, and I regret that we were unable to do so during your time with us. Your comments are taken very seriously and please know that I will work with my team to prevent a similar instance in the future.

Though I cannot reverse your experience, please know that I value your loyalty to Marriott and to the Courtyard brand of hotels. It is my hope that you will continue to use us for your lodging needs in the future. If your travels ever bring you to Gainesville in the future, I would appreciate the opportunity to provide you with the type of stay you've come to expect from a Marriott property.

Again, I aprpeciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Overnight stay for high school reunion, the Courtyard was perfect. Super clean and efficient, helpful front desk, conveniently located. At $140/night, seemed a little expensive. Only complaint might be the number of unsupervised kids running loudly through the halls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel! I will most certainly share your feedback with my team. They work very hard every day to provide a great experience for our guests, and I know they will appreciate your review comments.

Please come back and visit us again in the future!

Thank you!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This property does have the upgraded lobby which are nice additions to the MC brand however the room was dated and was in need of an upgrade. Just off the UF campus the room just felt like it had seen it share of Gator weekends, not that it was shabby or unclean, just due for a makeover.

Nice staff but at $160/night with tax, I think without the upgraded rooms, the value is just not there. As an aside this was a bit hard to find...its across from the Target plaza tucked behind a steak and shake.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Foodie2D

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your comments completely. My team and I take every opportunity to learn and grow the way in which we serve our guests. It is from feedback like yours that we can accomplish this!

We would love to welcome you back again in the future if your travels should bring you to Gainesville again. We would appreciate having the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Thank you!