“Good price for large room”

Courtyard Gainesville
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good price for large room”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night, end of March. Was able to get a good deal through Priceline ($ 65). Nice, big rooms, friendly and efficient service at front desk. They were still renovating the main restaurant but since we only stayed 1 night that was no problem. Many restaurants closeby. In the morning breakfast was served in some convention room. We were lucky to get there early, the buffet was more than we expected for the price of $ 9, including fresh wafles and eggs! Within half hour the entire room was packed but we were on our way then. All in all a nice stay with friendly service. Wifi was good everywhere. They also had free computers in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments!

I am very glad that your enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Our renovation process is now completed and we have a wonderful and vibrant new lobby concept including The Bistro restaurant which is now open for Breakfast and Dinner!

I hope that on your next trip to Gainesville you will consider our property again for your stay. I thank you again for your review and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I am a little disappointed that when I booked, it did not state that the entire 1st floor would be under construction, or that the elevator would not be working. I am even more disappointed that the fee was full price 154, with no restaurant, noise, the parking lot littered with construction material and vehicles. On the bright side the staff was nice. . . I will be staying at th Hilton down the street next time.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Don-in-Tampa
I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced as a result of our renovation. I can completely understand your frustration and appreciate your comments.

We have successfully completed our lobby and restaurant renovation and would love to have the opportunity to showcase its benefits and services to you on your next trip to Gainesville. Though we failed to meet your expectations on this trip, I can assure you that my staff and I are dedicated to providing you with a "new stay" at our Courtyard when you return.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Know that this property is currently under a major renovation with all the noise, dust and inconvenience that goes with it. My colleague and I were told it would be this way until "at least mid-March". When we inquired about some sort of reduction in our rate or some other consideration we were told flatly NO.

Additionally the overall condition of the rooms is a bit tired and worn. The door on my room does not even latch unless repeatedly slammed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MPeterCa
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Please accept my apology for the poor experience you encountered at our hotel during the renovation process. Admittedly we failed to properly inform guests at the time of booking about our condition. I am sure it was not what you expected, though the lobby area and new Bistro are up and running and a completely new experience compared to our former lobby.

I would like to personally invite you and your collegues back to our property to see the wonderful new features this renovation has provided. I am sure you will find them to your liking and much improved from your last visit.

Best regards,
Palm Coast, Fl
Reviewed December 30, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Courtyard earlier this week to attend to some personal business. We were greeted by Kayla upon checking in, and she was extremely pleasant and very helpful. The lobby, eating areas, and the room was spotless. We checked out the next day and were attended to once again by Kayla. After checking out and leaving, we found that we needed to find a place to use a fax machine, so we decided to go back to the Courtyard and see if they could help us out. As luck would have it, Kayla was still there, and she took care of all our needs with a great attitude and a friendly manner.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CommishPalmCoast_FL
CourtyardGainesville, Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Greetings from Gainesville! Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback about your stay! We are excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team, and more specifically Kayla, was there to take care of your every need! We can't wait to see you back at the hotel next time you are in the area!
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We had to book this hotel at the last minute. Being that Gainesville is a college town I really wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The Asst. GM was working the desk and she was as nice as could be. She checked me right in. My room was not fancy, pretty basic but nice and clean. Everyone I encountered during my stay was extremely nice.
The only reason I didn't rate this a 5 star was the bed was a little uncomfortable. I have a family of 4 and the bed my son and I slept in caved into the middle. Wish I could have slept better. But I dealt with it because the room was clean. Also the breakfast was very expensive and was not worth the price. My advice is to eat somewhere else and you will be fine.
Don't check into this hotel if you are looking for an upscale ritzy hotel because you will be dissapointed. But if you want something clean where everyone treats you good this is the place in Gainesville! If I ever need to return to Gainesville I will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank srodriguez1109
AsstGMA, Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Not Fancy But Clean, We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Gainesville. We strive ourselves on great customer service, and I noticed you said you were pleasantly surprised. We are actually going to have our lobby remodeled starting in January which will help spruce the lobby up, and make it feel a little bit more upscale. The new lobby should be done in mid March so please come back by if you are ever in Gainesville.

North Palm Beach
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Good thing I bring my Bose noise reduction headset with me on trips our I would not have gotten any sleep. The walls of this Courtyard are so thin I could hear every word the guest on either side were saying. Very disappointed given this is a Courtyard.

The property is very old and Marriott should level it and build a new one.

When I am working in Gainesville I will never stay at this Courtyard again. There is a Fairfield Inn by Marriott just up the road which is a much better build property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Claude T
JTabone, General Manager at Courtyard Gainesville, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on our hotel. We are very sorry for your disappointing stay you had in July. Starting in January our lobby renovation which will be completed in March will give us a whole new look and feel. We will have a new lobby with our New Bistro concept breakfast, home theater, GoBoard and media pods.

Hopefully you will try us out again for your future travels.

Best Regards,
Steve Cotton
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Easy access to I-75 and to Archer Road the main road to the University of Florida. Check in was very smooth and the receptionist (very friendly)already had our reservation printed out, and had a welcome bag with water and maps ready for us.

The room was a two-doubles (family of 4) and easily fit the roll-a-way that we asked for. The room was equipped with free WiFi, a college fridge and a microwave. The beds were very comfortable and there were enough pillows for everyone. The pool is out door; not huge but a nice chill out, cool down spot. But once kids come in it does get loud.
Lots of eating places within a mile of the hotel; a Publix and their liquor store are across the street; everything from Arby’s and other fast foods to decent family restaurants and Bentos (see my review). They have snacks, wine and beer for sale (I drove over to Publix). We did not make it up to check out the breakfast.

We enjoyed it as a family. We would definitely would come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family