Booked this on Priceline and I will never use Priceline again. I did their "name your own price" option and selected a 3 star hotel, since they did not have any 4 stars in Gainesville. This hotel is a 1 star hotel at best. It is old and rundown in every way.
We got stuck in the elevator twice! The doors open crooked and we had to bang on the doors to get help. The room keys didn't work, so we had to go to the front desk to get new. Even then, only one worked and we had to play with it to make it open. The color scheme of the entire hotel is greyish brown and very unappealing.
Our room was in that brownish color and very dark. The bedding is awful - so thin and wrinkled, almost sheet material for the spread on top. The sheets barely stayed on the mattress just by sitting on the bed. Bathroom was mildewed and there was no vent, so it was very hot when we were trying to get ready. The only nice things I can say about this place is that the room size was acceptable and the close location to UF is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. The Wyndham Garden Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. The Wyndham Garden is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Wyndham Garden offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount