Stayed at the Paramount Plaza in June for pleasure trip to check out the college town of Gainesville, Fl.
Got a great deal online at hotel website. It's what you'd expect for the money.
It is centrally located and only a few minutes drive into town.
We stayed in the older "2000" wing of the hotel.
Although we had a balcony lakeside view-
I would not stand out on the balcony if you paid me! It was a tad dirty, and many bugs were aloft. It was raining off and on so the humidity level was way up.
The carpets were dingy in the room and in the hallway, although the room was clean. The beds were comfortable with a slight bleachy smell. I guess that is considered a good thing?
The in-room safe was broken.
Didn't use room service or the pool, business center or gym.
Parking near the entrance of my building was often scarce.
We did have to request extra soap and shampoo and also towels a few times while we were there. Went to front desk to pick up soap/towels ourselves.
When it was time to checkout there were no hotel carts available to load our luggage on.
All in all our stay at this hotel was just "okay" but it could have been better.
I was not impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. The Wyndham Garden Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. The Wyndham Garden is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Wyndham Garden offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount