1,531 results
All reviewsparamount plazaview of the lakebreakfast buffetshands hospitalshuttle servicean older hotelfront desk staffgreat customer servicedefinitely stay here againmarceljoshalligatorsuniversitybanquetrateshousekeeperweekends
Reviewed November 17, 2009

The food in their resturant was above average. If you there on a Friday night the Seafood buffett was huge . Everything was delicious including the gator tail !!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
PlazaMgmt, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our wonderful Friday Night Seafood Buffet, which has a large local following. It also made me happy to know that each department was able to assist you with your ever need. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

My stay consisted of 3days and the service from check in til departure was excellent. The check in desk had everything ready to go, less than 5 mins to check in to several rooms. Once on location ask for a couple of special items and they were handled within 30 mins.
The maid service was excellent, again needed a few things and it was done!
We ate 4 meals there and the friday night seafood buffett was outstanding.
Checked out on Sunday and all of the bills were correct and ready when I got there.

Great place to stay when in Gainesville, not far from shopping, the university and restaurants/

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

I appreciate your staying with us and the kind review you left for us on TripAdvisor. Here at the Paramount, we pride ourselves on our customer responsivenss and the overall satisfaction of each and every guest. I am glad that every department, from the Front Desk to the Housekeeping met your every need, and we look forward to your staying with us in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

This past weekend (11-12 to 11-15) was another great visit with the friendly and relaxed staff at the Paramount. This was the second year our group has stayed there and they did every thing that was expected from a staff that works hard to make you feel like you are home. Chef Chris did another outstanding job with the meals and we have set our dates for next year.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us once again, as well as for your group returning to the Paramount for another convention. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to accomodate your every need, and that the food provided by our restaurant was to your groups liking. We look forward to your convention returning to stay with us again next year, and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Paramount for 5 days at the end of October. It had been recommended by an aquaintance and we were not disappointed. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the decor was nice and welcoming.

The hotel staff was courteous and accomodating - For example, leaving a short note on the bed for the housekeeping staff quickly resolved a minor issue with a mattress pad that just wouldn't stay put (improperly put on).

The only tiny inconveniences were the noise of the heavy room doors, and the balcony furniture. When returning late at night or leaving early in the morning, the doors are so heavy that there is no way to close them in a quiet, courteous manner. The balcony furniture in building 2 and the pool deck chairs seemed rusty and outdated while it appeared that the balconies in building 1 had nice, newer chairs. Perhaps the renovations are ongoing and these, too, will be replaced in the next few months.

All in all, our stay at the Paramount was very enjoyable, and we will return the next time we are in Gainesville.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and the kind words in your review. It makes me very happy to hear that you found out about our hotel from an acquaintance. It is through word of mouth and review sites, like TripAdvisor, that people really make their decisions on where to stay when they are in an area. And i thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed November 3, 2009

I have stayed at the Paramount every time I am in Gainesville visiting my son who is in UF. I would not stay anywhere else. The hotel is clean and inviting. The staff is gracious, courteous and always has a friendly smile. Whenever I am at the Paramount I feel as if I have a home away from home, with the added bonus that I have wonderful people catering to all my needs. I highly recommend staying at the Paramount!!

• Stayed: August 2009
PlazaMgmt, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Thank you so much for your continued patronage here at the Paramount Plaza. We try to make sure every guest enjoys their stay, and I am pleased to hear that every time you have come to Gainesville we have met your needs. Travelers place a high value on sites like TripAdvisor where guests can leave unbiased reviews and we really do appreciate you taking the time to write one. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.