“Worth Every Penny”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunrise, Florida
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were just driving from Ft Lauderdale to Atlanta and stayed one night. We had a coupon that they said that they usually don't honor once they are past 80% capacity BUT THEY DID. The room was huge, clean, and my was that king size bed comfortable..Great value and the coffee in the room was great too.Also the front desk agents were extremely polite. They both rocked..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Billy K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

From all of us at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon. Remember to book directly with us to guarantee the best rate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Reviewed August 24, 2014

During my stay I felt very comfortable and the staff (Montrail) was very friendly and polite. The gentlemen even helped with my bags when I was struggling. I would recommend everyone to come to this hotel :-)

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to assist you during your visit to Gainesville.

I hope you were able to make use of some of our amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center. Please remember to book your next stay directly with us to guarantee the best rate.

From all of us here at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon!
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was our first stay at the Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites, and we were so impressed with our accommodations and staff service. Our room was available earlier than the check in time and we were upgraded to a larger and more spacious suite. The Paramount Plaza hotel is close to the University of Florida where both our children are attending, and is easily accessible off I-75 and the Williston Road exit which is a less hectic and quieter side of Gainesville. It is a quick trip to downtown Gainesville and close to everything we needed for settling our kids into UF. The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel also has their own restaurant/bar which makes it convenient for dining or room service options. The beautiful lake is scenic and peaceful from room balconies. We are looking forward to a longer stay when we return for our son's graduation in May, and will definitely stay here any time that we are in Gainesville.

Room Tip: Lake view balcony rooms have a peaceful and scenic view.
Green Features: Recommends linen/towel reuse if possible, and low energy lighting seemed in use. Just there overnight, but look forward to our next stay and learning more about this property.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites. I'm glad you enjoyed your first stay with us and were able to experience the gorgeous view of Bivens Arm Lake our lake-view suites offer.

I hope you were also able to take advantage of some of our other amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center.

From all of us here at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in May!
Edgewater, Florida
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Upon our arrival, we learned that not only was our reservation wrong but our last minute dog sitter has spooked our dog causing her to run off and hide. Sam at the front desk handled the booking error flawlessly and showed genuine concern for our missing senior GSP. Bonnie at the bar was concerned she had poured my wine glass too full (it was the end of the bottle). The young man in housekeeping recommended a pizza place the locals preferred (Lou's), and he was spot on! I regret I forget his name but that was right after happy hour. Thank you to these 3 staffers for saving our short trip! And my dog came home before the dog sitter gave up and left so all turned out well.
The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. Don't go anywhere on site without your key as the place is locked down tight.
I made the reservation on kayak.com, requested a place that accepted pets. It was my error not to notice that the site defaulted to a weekday rate to show a cheap rate, but as I said Sam handled everything for us. And the Paramount does not even accept pets. When I called the number on our reservation confirmation to cancel the reservation, they had no record of us and after hours searching got to hotels-and-discounts.com. What a nightmare, never again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing Paramount Plaza Hotel & Suites! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to provide you an enjoyable experience during your time in Gainesville. I'm also glad your dog returned!

I hope you were able to make use of some of our amenities, such as our lakeside pool and our fitness center. Please remember to book your next stay directly with us to ensure the best rate.

From all of us here at Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 23, 2014

When I called the hotel, I spoke with a gentlemen by the name of John L. He was very polite and helpful. He gave me information regarding the different services that would help make my stay better. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nadine R, Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Paramount plaza Hotel & Suites. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you made use of the amenities that we offer, such as our shuttle service or our hot breakfast buffet. Please remember to contact us directly to book you next stay at the lowest rate. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

NG/RDM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our room keys deactivated, which happens everywhere I've ever stayed. A young man, by the name of Blake, helped us when he noticed we were locked out of our building during a rain storm. He was friendly and kind. After we spoke to the front desk from my cell phone, he escorted us to our room and gained access to our room. We gave him the deactivated keys and he brought new ones to us. Thanks BLAKE!!! You're a lifesaver!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view!

NR/RDM
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I stayed at your hotel during a very stressful time in our family's life. My husband had a stroke and I had a friend book me at the Comfort Inn near Shands. It was a horrible experience for our family. I knew I could not continue to stay there and was given a list of hotels by Shands. When I called Paramount I spoke to a gentleman named Sam. He was sooo kind and considerate. He reassured me that he worked a top notch hotel and he would happy to help me. I dropped by and fell in love with your hotel. When I checked out Emily was the attendant and she also made my checking out easy. You have a wonderful staff there and I felt safe at all times. Whomever is in charge of your hiring knows how to spot winners!!! Thank you again.
Linda Strickland