“The Best hotel”

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Hotel was great !! Staff, everything was great
Very friendly
Food in Restaurant was Excellent so was Waiter
we will we going back to stay this weekend my husband will be at shands and this was easy for me to have poo, gym and food all on the property
We will reccomend to all our family and Friends

Michelle I

I

Room Tip: closer to pool was bst for us and you get the Lake view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I had to visit this area due to my father-in-laws treatment at Shands. We were a little reluctant to book 5 nights at a unfamiliar hotel chain but our in-laws checked it out for us. To our surprise, most areas were very clean and well maintained for a very old building/property. The staff was very friendly and courteous. We did not experience any problems during our stay. Our room was large and had a very comfortable bed. We were disappointed with the breakfast ($5.95 a person) but there are many resturants near by. We did not use the pool and it didn't appear to be well maintained in comparison to other parts of the property. The laundry facility at this property is another area I wouldn't recommend however, neither of those would prevent us from staying there again. The cost value and cleanliness of our room out ways our dislikes.

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
pt st lucie, florida
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stumbled upon this hotel when a medical emergency brought our newborn granddaughter to Shands for a week. We used the shuttle to the hospital and every employee we met along the way was extra friendly at a time when we needed friendly people around us. Special thanks to Billy for handling a billing inquiry with professionalism and kindness. I can't tell you how many times we heard from employees "tell us if you need anything." Our granddaughter will need another surgery in 3 weeks and yet another months from now and we already know where we will be staying. Right here at the Paramount. Our king bedroom had plenty of space and the fridge and microwave were a big help for late night snacks. Most important, everything was very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank idealden
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I met Mark McClain last time I was at this property so I called him again to make reservations for UF Preview and he was, once again, wonderful to work with. We stayed in a room with a great view of the lake and it is close to the University of Florida we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. We will stay here every time we come to Gainesville!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Although we needed a new key and had to change rooms due to a leaky AC, David Boyd and Travis were extremely accommodating and friendly. We were upgraded to a nicer room and David was very prompt. He was also very knowledgeable about the hotel and Gainesville.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the service. We had to get new keys at one point and actually switch rooms. David Boyd responded quickly and made what could have been an awful experience, turn into a pleasant and effortless moment in time. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I'm in the Gainesville area again.

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

After locking myself out of my room after a long day at work, a guest services rep named David saved my night. Polite friendly and professional
Great service, great stay. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Gainesville

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business