“WITH A COUPLE OF MUCH NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS, THIS COULD BE A GREAT PLACE.”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Spring Hill, Florida
“WITH A COUPLE OF MUCH NEEDED IMPROVEMENTS, THIS COULD BE A GREAT PLACE.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Needed a place to stay while waiting on a berth at Shands. Arrived in my room to find the bathroom floor sticky, a leaking faucet, and hair on the countertop behind the coffee pot. Having said that, I found the staff to be exceedingly pleasant and helpful, especially the shuttle driver. We ordered meals, and ate in several times. Salads were excellent, steak was not bad. The fellow who runs the restaurant is also very pleasant. I hope it was just one set of visitors, but I was awakend every night at 3 am bynoisy tenants in the hall. All in all, a very good deal for the money . If theyget a grip on houusekeeping, and learn how to control noise at 3am, I'll move up my overall rating.

1 Thank Compudunce
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your suggestions and will be following up with our housekeeping department to make sure the issue is corrected. I am sorry that you had to experience those problems. If you find yourself in Gainesville again, please contact me directly to book your next stay so I may personally oversee it. We here at the Paramount strive for 100% guest satisfaction and it is comments like yours that will help us achieve it. Thank you and I hope to hear from you.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I checked in as we were traveling back from NC. We made the right choice. It was a very pleasant experience for two weary travelers. Everything was wonderful the room was clean and nicely appointed. We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel had a full breakfast with great options and really fresh stuff. The staff treated us like family. If I'm back in the gainsville area I will definitely be checking in again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Bill, for your wonderful review! We hope you do return to us and make use of all the amenities that we offer. We are the ONLY lake front hotel in Gainesville, so make sure to ask about booking a room with a view. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to hear from you again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

During my entire experience with Paramount Plaza, they were nothing but professional and accommodating. When I arrived in Gainesville my previous hotel arrangements had fallen through. A friend recommended this hotel to me so I thought I would try it out. I called ahead to make a reservation and before I even arrived at the hotel, my room was ready! The staff was incredibly polite and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfortable. I specifically remember the assistant manager Richard Arnold. He personally helped me every step of the way and went out of his way to make my stay amazing. I will definitely be staying here every time I go back to Gainesville.

Room Tip: Get the family suite
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad we were able to offer you an exceptional stay. Our lakeview rooms are spectacular and I'm glad you were able to experience them first hand. Make sure to book with us directly for your next stay at the lowest rate!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had family coming into town last minute and they needed a place to crash for the night. When I called the hotel I spoke with Richard at the front desk. He was very helpful in helping me book a last minute room for my family. My family has had some bad experience previously with hotels in gainesville, however they found everything at the paramount to be up to there liking. The said the rooms were comfortable and the service was prompt. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has family coming into town.

Room Tip: Ask for Richard. He got me a great deal on a room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I'm so glad we were able to offer you a great stay while your family was here. I hope you were able to stay in one of our lake view rooms boasting a magnificent view of Bivens Arm Lake. The wildlife that can be seen right outside your balcony is breathtaking. Make sure to contact us again when your family returns. From all of us here at the Paramount, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Niceville, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My high school class was traveling to Gainesville for some training that was being conducted at the University of Florida Museum of Natural History. We were looking for a hotel that could accommodate our group, keep us all together and keep the price reasonable. We contacted Mr. Mark McClain from their group sales department and he was outstanding in meeting all of our needs virtually instantaneously. He was extremely flexible and his follow up was always almost minutes after we contacted whether by e-mail or by phone. The hotel is far enough away from the center of activity to be quiet, but close enough to very easily have access to not only the campus but also to all the vast variety of restaurants on Archer Road. We will definitely be keeping this hotel in mind for our next trip!

Teacher of the Gifted
Niceville High School

Room Tip: Interior Rooms have a great view of the lake.
Green Features: Standard environmental concerns most hotels now have.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you and your students were able to enjoy your accommodations here at the Paramount Plaza. We love setting up rooms for groups, large or small, so make sure to give us a call next time you are coming to Gainesville. We'd be happy to work with you again.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

As a member of Altrusa International of Gainesville, I have been coordinating our twice-monthly luncheon meetings with Tracy Ryan at the Paramount for the past several months. She and her staff have always been extremely helpful and accommodating in making sure all of our needs were met. From setting up the projection screen when needed to meeting any special requests on the menu, we have been very pleased with the service we receive. They are good at handling last minute glitches, such as bringing in an extra table when we have a bigger turn out than expected. Everyone has been friendly, courteous, and gracious. Tracy is great at communicating, always returning emails quickly. She is very professional and always greets you with a smile. The food is also very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! We love hosting the Altrusa meetings here at the Paramount. If you have any need of more banquet space or catering services, make sure to contact our sales department. From all of us here at the Paramount Plaza, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We recently held an "Appreciation Celebration" event at Paramount. From start to finish, Tracy Ryan was involved and helped to make this event an awesome experience. Tracy made decoration suggestions and coordinated everything with the lady that completed our decorations. She also made suggestions regarding the room set-up which made everything so much easier for us. Tracy helped with menu selections as well, which allowed us to stay within our budget for this event. Overall, our event was very successful and our guests were complimentary. Thank you Paramount and Tracy Ryan!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad that Tracy was able to help you put on a successful event. We here at the Paramount love hosting events in our many different banquet halls and would be honored to help throw your next one. Make sure you contact us so that you can speak with our sales staff!