“Great value”

Wyndham Garden Gainesville
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nicely landscaped grounds. Didn't have time to enjoy the pool, etc since this was a business trip. Convenient location. Bed was comfortable. Rooms were a little dated as this is an older hotel, but they have tried to freshen up the property recently.

Room Tip: Ask for room in newly updated building.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! As you know, our property is undergoing major renovations including new carpet, mattresses, furniture, microwaves, and mini-fridges. The property was built in the 70's but the renovations are making a huge difference. I would also suggest that you take advantage of our lake view rooms overlooking Bivens Arm Lake. Contact us directly to book your next stay. We look forward to hearing from you again.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Gainesville

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my fourth trip to this hotel. I have returned annually for the last 4 years due to the fine service and caring attitude of the staff, especially Allen, the bar host in the lounge. I suffered a personal tragedy while there the first time, and his concern and graciousness helped tremendously. He continues to offer the same great service today and recognizes me to this day although I am only there one weekend a year. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and kept wonderfully clean by the staff. Destine was in charge of room this trip and upheld the high standards I have come to expect from this hotel. I will stay there any time I am in the Gainesville area.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several areas of the hotel and have had an enjoyable stay in all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to see that we were able to help you with your visits to Gainesville. Our staff is focused on 100% guest satisfaction and it's great to hear our employees recognized by name. I hope you contact us again for your next stay to book at the lowest rate! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently visited the Paramount on business. The staff was friendly and the beds were comfortable. Another thing that I liked were the outlets built in to the lamps for easy phone charging and convenient laptop use. The in-room fridge and microwave were also great to have. The room had a nice view and it was a good price. Now, some of the negatives....I was pleased to see that the ice machine was right outside of my room only to find out that it didn't work; I had to go to the next floor up. The tv had a fuzzy picture. I also thought it was a bit tacky to have the list of all the money they were going to charge me if I steal their towels and bedding next to all the other things telling me what a valued guest I am...perhaps that can be conveyed some other way. All in all my stay was okay, but if I go back to Gainesville anytime soon, I may look into other choices as well...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving us a review of your stay. I appreciate you pointing out some of the issues that you found so that they may be addressed, Our property is focused on 100% guest satisfaction and the only way we can grow is with feedback like this. We appreciate your business and I hope you contact us when you come back to Gainesville so that we can accommodate your needs as best as possible.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our home away from home every 3 months. Very convenient to Shands and University of Florida. We are always taken care of when we come here. Love the lake and scenery. Rooms are spacious and beds comfortable. Each room has its own balcony. Thanks for making us welcome for our check ups at the hospital!

Room Tip: Deluxe gives you more room to spread out and feel a little more like home.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed staying in one of our Deluxe Double rooms which is an oversized room with 2 queen beds overlooking the lake with a private balcony. It's really a good value for the extra space. I hope you made use of the amenities we offer, such as the shuttle service to and from Shands and the University of Florida. Contact us directly to book your next stay!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were on a natural high since we were I route to our vacation, but our stay at the Paramount Plaza heightened our experience. Hotel staff were delightful. Our check-in experience with Billy was fun because he joked and cut up with us while checking in. And he also was very informative with questions we had. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the staff were accommodating and pleasant. Out stay was very comfortable and enjoyable.
Bryan Jones

Room Tip: There's a large pool that overlooks another body of water. Rooms with this view are extra speci...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! It's great to see that you had a lovely stay with us. I see you made use of our daily hot breakfast buffet! It's one of the many amenities we offer here at the hotel. Please contact us directly to book your next stay.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a night in the Paramount Plaza for a Gator game recently. While going to UF I had heard not so nice things about the hotel, but coming back 5 years later I thought the place was nice. The rooms were nicely setup and the bathrooms were decent. If they remodeled recently, it shows. The employees were really helpful and friendly. Richard was even able to get us checked a little bit early so we could go about our day in the town we love so much.

My only 2 sticking points are the light being on in the balcony (which if you close the curtains and put something like the small table to hold the curtains flush against the wall it blocks it mostly) and the lack of a fan in the bathroom. Both of those things I know the hotel really can't help. Outside those it was a great stay.

Go Gators!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard A, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see that we were able to exceed your expectations. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new carpet, mattresses, furniture, microwaves, and mini-fridges. I appreciate your suggestions and we will be looking into what we can do to correct the issues. I hope you made use of the amenities we have, such as the hot breakfast buffet or lakeside pool! Make sure you contact us directly to ensure the lowest rate.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed over the weekend so that we could attend the Florida/Arkansas football game. All we wanted was a clean room and comfortable beds... and knowing that the Paramount is one of the nicer hotels in Gainesville...that's exactly what we got. Zero complaints. Richard was able to help us get set up with reservations with no problems.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay and that I could help you with your reservation. Our property is undergoing major renovations including new carpet, furniture, mattresses, microwaves, and mini-fridges. I hope you made use of the gameday shuttle that we offered to and from the University of Florida. Make sure you contact us directly so you can book at the lowest possible rate!