We stayed at this hotel in 2010 & it was 2.5 stars at that time, and is now upgraded to 3 stars due to renovations. I won this hotel on Priceline for $66 before taxes. I overheard the front desk quote that evenings rate at $69, so not a great savings, but still for this price, a nice place. I am guessing that prices are higher when there is something going on at the college, which is very close. The reason I am giving 4 stars as opposed to my previous 5 is that a charge of $2.78 showed up on my bank statement a few days after I got home. I called to find out what this mysterious fee was for. I was told that I was informed at check-in there would be a daily amenities charge & it could be proved because it was circled in red on their card, which gave me a chuckle. No initialing, just a red circle around something—oh well, & no recollection of being told of the charge or seeing the red circle at check in. I inquired what the amenities were that I was paying the extra $2.50 + tax per day included. It includes parking, use of the fitness center & the business center, use of the pool, & WI Fi. This is a ‘principal’ complaint & not because I am cheap & probably the reason I didn’t pursue having the charge removed. Its very unprofessional, in my opinion. I base my star ratings on the cost of the room vs. the cleanliness, FREE amenities, etc. of a hotel.
The hotel has added new carpet in the halls & rooms, new paint, altho some of the hallways were still a work in progress. New flat screen tv’s have replaced the analogs, new bathrooms & beds & bedding, & new wall hangings. I believe there were many complaints back in 2010 on not having king beds, but this seems to be corrected. Our room was clean & well furnished with towels, etc. for the one nite we stayed. There is a small balcony off the room with 2 chairs. Unfortunately, the room next door, has their back end of the a/c on your balcony & is extremely loud, so we opted to sit down by the pool instead. The surrounding grounds are lovely with a nice lake, alligators included. The pool area is large with many chairs & tables. There is a bar & restaurant with decent prices & looked appetizing, but we did not eat here. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, altho free coffee is provided in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Garden Hotel and Conference Center stands out amongst the best accommodations in Gainesville, Florida. Bordered by the picturesque Bivens Arm Lake Nature Preserve, the hotel is Gainesville's only lakefront hotel, offering a taste of Florida the way it used to be. The Wyndham Garden Hotel & Conference Center offers full-service Gainesville hotel lodging at surprisingly affordable rates. The Wyndham Garden is ideally located only minutes from Gainesville's most important and popular attractions and venues, such as the University of Florida, the Butterfly Rain forest, Paynes Prairie State Park, the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, and Shands Teaching Hospital at The University of Florida. The hotel is a short drive North of historic Micanopy and antique shopping, and just a few miles from downtown Gainesville. Each of our 197 large NON-SMOKING, comfortable guest rooms and suites are designed to meet your Gainesville accommodation needs. Our guest rooms are larger than most hotels in the area, which leaves you with plenty of space to create your home away from home. In-room guest amenities include coffee makers, wireless Internet access, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Unwind on one of our comfortable pillow-top beds and catch up on your relaxation with remote controlled cable television. The Wyndham Garden offers free shuttle services from 7:30 a.M. To 5:30 p.M. Daily upon scheduling at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paramount Plaza Hotel Gainesville
- Paramount Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Paramount Gainesville
- Gainesville Paramount